• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 08, 2024, 02:33:59 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Simon Lambert & Sons Pub & Brewery-Stouts & Porters Comp. [Sept 27th]

Started by CARA, August 17, 2015, 03:28:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CARA

Afternoon guys.
We are having a Stout & Mussel Festival from Thursday 24th to Sunday 27th September. The weekend will see around a dozen different stouts & porters pouring at both Lamberts & the Sky and the Ground on Wexfords South Main Street. Confirmed breweries include Simon Lambert & Sons, Cleverman, Jack Doyles & Arthurstown Brewery with hopefully another few to come.

During the weekends festivities we shall also be hosting our first homebrew competition, BJCP (2015) categories 9C (Baltic Porter), 13C (English Porter), 15B (Irish Stout), 15C (Irish Extra Stout), 16A-D (Sweet Stout, Oatmeal Stout, Tropical Stout, F.E.S), 20A-C (American Porter, American Stout, Imperial Stout) and Category 34-Speciality Beer (must be stout or porter based).
Entry is only 2.50 euro and limited to one entry per person per sub category.

This will be BJCP accredited.

I will also be starting a thread for people willing to judge. So far we have Will D & Ronan (Beerfly). If anyone would like to volunteer to steward or judge, a wee PM would be great.

Prizes!

We will be offering prizes for Best in Show, 1st, 2nd & 3rd.

3rd place - Voucher for a meal & drinks in Simon Lambert & Sons

2nd place - Voucher for a meal & drinks in Simon Lambert & Sons and a voucher for The Homebrew Company

Best in Show - Beer hamper, voucher for a meal & drinks in Simon Lamberts and a voucher for The Homebrew Company

1st place - Voucher for a meal & drinks in Simon Lambert & Sons and a voucher for The Homebrew Company AND you can come into our brewery and brew a commercial batch of your beer with our head brewer. The recipe will remain your property and will not be brewed by ourselves again. You will design your own badge for the taps and have bragging rights that your beer is on sale in Wexford! (If you are not comfortable with your beer being brewed commercially we can come to another prize arrangement.)

Entry is open from today with the deadline for entries being Thursday 24th September.
Completely stealing Shinys entry requirements here but if you could have the following attached to entries (2 x 500ml bottles WITH ALL LABELS REMOVED) by elastic band;

First name
Surname
NHC forum nickname
BJCP Category
Beer name
Phone Number
Email
Planning to attend on the day (y/n/maybe)

Entries can be dropped into the pub or posted, where they will be kept in the cold room.
Entry fees can be paid via paypal ( cara@nationalhomebrewclub.com )

Thanks, and good luck!
Upa Sesh

brenmurph

ah dec is think thats clashing with the german beer comp. Two comps same day   ahhh cant stretch that far!

However as usual we can brew a couple beers to support the event.

Leann ull

If its on the Sunday we're good, be nice to support Mr Cara and the work he has done for the NHC.
I will probably drive down and stay over if anybody from Dublin needs a lift?

CARA

Sunday would be perfect actually. We would have the pub to ourselves for the afternoon.
Upa Sesh

brenmurph

CARA

Would be great to have you and Kellie down again Bren.

Comp now registered with BJCP as Simon Lambert & Sons Stouts & Porter Comp.
Upa Sesh

Leann ull

I haven't brewed Stout for 12 months, one of these feckers better place  ;D

Tom

Ah crap, didn't see the original post, so I'm well late to this party.

Wonder if I can sneak a Dark Mild into the porter category with some 'dry malting'.

brenmurph

Fecks sake lads. Diagio do a decent stout in 7 days we do one in 10 days.....ye hav 26 days....can get a lager in dat time !!

Tom

Leann ull

Mr Murphys right, was away for a few days and worried that they may have gone mad but all grand and finished :)

Oh Crap

I got a pre prohibition porter ready.. by mistake ....
How do I get it in
Beer
1 is good, 2 is better, 3 is enough & 4 isn't half enough

delzep

Leann ull

Just get em to Imark or Dempsey and I'll sort it after a good shake of course! Only joking I should have them in Wexford week beforehand.
Any Capital entries? Ronan?