• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 24, 2024, 07:50:22 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

2016 Competition Limit reached! Can I still enter?

Started by johnrm, January 21, 2016, 11:31:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

Think you need a wooden spoon emoticon dude.. Ouch!

Leann ull

Ah it's only a bit of friendly inter club banter, silver looks good on you guys in any case

molc

I guess the NCB/SDB axis is just going to have to put those GCB brewers in their place. ;)
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

Partridge9

Those GCB lads, NCB are going to be the new king of the hill.
Either way, we will rob you cars.

Bubbles

I think we need a separate trash talking thread! :)

Big talk from GCB and NCB this year. The club trophy is going to interesting this year..

Leann ull

brian_c

*pops head in from Capital Brewers Whatsapp*

May the best club win. Sure it's the taking part that counts.

rebel

I respect the rules, but limiting the number of entries is not a good practice.

rebel

the overall entry limit is not fair to open competition. As chairman of Lee Valley Brewing Club, several members including myself were planning to pay our sub to nhc and enter our beers at the same time.

Partridge9

Sorry I misunderstood.

Limiting the number of entries is very good practice if you want to run a well organised competition.

We have bottle sorting, coming up, labelling, I have 800 labels ready and 200 on standby.

We have our crates organised, transport and bottle sorters

We have venue sizes and cellar room sizes, and we have the sheer volume to actually judge.

We want to ensure brewers get quality feedback, so that means the judges should around 8 beers or 12 max

Number of entries impacts all the above items, but I do appreciate most do not know all the logistics in the back ground.

That said , if you have missed out and Don't have an entry,  PM john rm ASAP, there is a reasonable chance a space could open for you, no promises of course.

rebel

I have already sent a pm to john. I known the logistics I won a medal the last two years running in old ale category.

Partridge9

Partridge9

We still have a number of unpaid entries,  so you never know.

Leann ull

Quote from: rebel on January 25, 2016, 07:14:15 PM
I have already sent a pm to john. I known the logistics I won a medal the last two years running in old ale category.

If you know the logistics you can understand why we made radical changes this year which have been flagged since September.

1. Cap at 400 entries.
2. Members only competition.
3. 500Ml bottles strictly enforced

Members that have pm'd John have an outside chance of entry, if you are not a member you have no chance sorry as its members fees that contribute to the running of the comp.
You will need to plead your case to the registrar Johnrm by PM and because you are local he may take pity on your plea but there are full paid members ahead of you in that queue.