• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 10:57:05 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

gone

Started by admin, December 07, 2012, 11:47:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

December 07, 2012, 11:47:39 AM Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 10:43:28 AM by Tube

Covey

Really interesting Shane seems not out side the relm of possiblity, if i came across a 100k (down the back of the couch) i would def take a punt, aww but to dream :D
i wam wee todd did i am sofa king wee todd did

Partridge9

Will_D

December 09, 2012, 10:21:50 AM #3 Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 10:22:04 AM by Will_D
QuoteGreat Q & A  Shane - Nice work

Plus one plaudit

Does look like Shane is talking to himself a bit more these days!!

Will
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Will_D

QuoteReally interesting Shane seems not out side the relm of possiblity, if i came across a 100k (down the back of the couch) i would def take a punt, aww but to dream :D

I think Shane was making the point that you don't need it.

Still going to check my old sofa!!

Will

nigel_c

Nice Q&A. Anyone got any other pearls of wisdom to add?

Tom

Yep, you'll need mains water (easy enough) but MAINS SEWER is the big one.

johnrm

You will need a few pigs.
1. They love spent grain.
2. Pork Scratchings.

Blackbrew

March 22, 2013, 11:46:02 AM #8 Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 11:46:19 AM by Blackbrew
Does anyone know or have a link to more details on the rebate and rules around getting this?

Will_D

As we all know Revenue and in particular the Alcohol department are a bit anal when it comes to giving out information. Its as if the want to discourage new start ups.

Sureley there must be a government department that tries to encourage initiatives/wealth creators/exportors.

So why don't we as the major representatives of "home brewers who wish to expand" contact Enterprise Ireland or whoever (small buisness scheme?) and get them to build an information bridge into Reveunue (Dept C2H5OH)

Any one fancy taking this on?

Beerdoh

March 22, 2013, 04:39:03 PM #11 Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 04:40:31 PM by Beerdoh
Sorry to hi-jack slightly, but, if the duty on a pint is about €0.50, and the ingredients going into said pint make the total about €0.55 (probably less) - why do I pay roughly ten times that amount to get one in the pub?
To brew: Bohemian Lager, Munich Dunkel, Oatmeal / Milk Stout, Hefeweizen
Fermenting: Imperial IPA
Conditioning:
Serving:Munich Helles (Helles Bells), Oatmeal Stout

Hop Bomb

QuoteSorry to hi-jack slightly, but, if the duty on a pint is about €0.50, and the ingredients going into said pint make the total about €0.55 (probably less) - why do I pay roughly ten times that amount to get one in the pub?

Capitalism.
On tap: Flanders, Gose,
Fermenting: Oatmeal Brown, 200ish Fathoms,
Ageing: bretted 1890 export stout.
To brew:  2015 RIS, Kellerbier, Altbier.

Beerdoh

QuoteSorry to hi-jack slightly, but, if the duty on a pint is about €0.50, and the ingredients going into said pint make the total about €0.55 (probably less) - why do I pay roughly ten times that amount to get one in the pub?

Capitalism.

WTF!? 1000% @capitalism though!
Ok, VAT at 23%
Logistics 15% (at most!)
What else?
To brew: Bohemian Lager, Munich Dunkel, Oatmeal / Milk Stout, Hefeweizen
Fermenting: Imperial IPA
Conditioning:
Serving:Munich Helles (Helles Bells), Oatmeal Stout

Tucan

@Beerdoh you can have a word with Flash tomorrow.
But I think with rent,insurance,heat,light,staf wages,rates and other overheads the profit margins aren't huge.