• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 18, 2024, 05:10:16 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

TOG Brewday - 11th August

Started by Padraic, July 15, 2013, 01:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

I might be a bit cheeky in asking this, not knowing what exactly is involved in water analysis, but would it be possible for people to bring in samples of their own water for testing? Or is there too much effort/expense involved?

Padraic

Quote from: Bubbles on July 16, 2013, 01:15:35 PM
I might be a bit cheeky in asking this, not knowing what exactly is involved in water analysis, but would it be possible for people to bring in samples of their own water for testing? Or is there too much effort/expense involved?

If you read the thread you'd know the answer...

Quote from: Dr Jacoby on July 15, 2013, 03:11:01 PM
Cool. Maybe a quick side by side alkalinity test of the TOG water versus Leixlip water. People would also bring along there own water to test it themselves using the kits. They're very easy to work with.

Bubbles

Quote from: Padraic on July 16, 2013, 01:25:15 PM
Quote from: Bubbles on July 16, 2013, 01:15:35 PM

If you read the thread you'd know the answer...

Quote from: Dr Jacoby on July 15, 2013, 03:11:01 PM
Cool. Maybe a quick side by side alkalinity test of the TOG water versus Leixlip water. People would also bring along there own water to test it themselves using the kits. They're very easy to work with.

Well that's put me in my place......

Rossa

01. Padraic
02. Dr Jacoby
03. Shiny
04. Bubbles
05. Rossa

Brew_Diva

01. Padraic
02. Dr Jacoby
03. Shiny
04. Bubbles
05. Rossa
06. Michelle

(may need an oul bit of hops (BramlingX) n some yeast (the bit that still bewilders and bemuses me with regard to brewing, actually no the whole thing is a mystery but sure, the beer tastes great after so can't complain about all the confusion!!!)
am willing to throw u few squids for any of these such donations and anyone any idea of a nice wheat beer kit to modify for a non-toxic version of BLu Moon would be awesome....  :D)

Hop Bomb

01. Padraic
02. Dr Jacoby
03. Shiny
04. Bubbles
05. Rossa
06. Michelle
07. Hop Bomb

Il bring some bramling cross. How much do you need? Ive 4x 100g packs sitting in the freezer & I need to make room.
On tap: Flanders, Gose,
Fermenting: Oatmeal Brown, 200ish Fathoms,
Ageing: bretted 1890 export stout.
To brew:  2015 RIS, Kellerbier, Altbier.

Dr Jacoby

I'll swap you 200g if you want. I have lots of hops vac packed. Let me know if there's anything you're looking for
Every little helps

Hop Bomb

Always need simcoe, citra. Ive yet to use any of the noble hops. Have you anything like that for trade?
On tap: Flanders, Gose,
Fermenting: Oatmeal Brown, 200ish Fathoms,
Ageing: bretted 1890 export stout.
To brew:  2015 RIS, Kellerbier, Altbier.

Dr Jacoby

I have lots of Citra, Centennial, Sorachi Ace, Amarillo, Columbus and Chinook. I also have lots of Saaz. All are 2012 harvest, vac packed and frozen.

To be honest, I have so much in total that I'd be willing to sell some on. My freezer is packed! If anyone wants any of the above PM me and I'll give you a price run down
Every little helps

Brew_Diva

Hi lads

Looking forward to next brew day on 11th Aug...

Any one have some equipment HLT Mash tun cooler and so on ya wouldn't mind bringing along...? Please  ;D

I have a "beer/cider starter  kit" which includes 2 fermenting buckets, hydrometer thermometer syphon bottling wand, and so on but if anyone could bring along the gear for Mash and boiling for the day... I'd really appreciate that.

I know Padraic may have his own stuff n tow but I think it might be being used so if someone else (who's not gonna be brewing at TOG on 11/08) were willing to let me use it for the day that'd be ace, and I promise to return it squeaky clean  ;D

Let us know anyway. Tasted a lovely beer this avo in Dakota a Weissbeer on tap that I'd hope to clone All Grain, waiting to get the name of it off of my friend and hopefully it wouldn't be too difficult to reproduce!!! that or something similar at least...

Brew_Diva

Beer tasted on the day
am told is called "Fransis Kanner" and was pleasant.  But any half decent and simple enough recipe for a light wheat beer I think would do the trick. Anyone have any ideas for my first all grain brew of that variety and I'll get some gear to b ready for next Sun....

Is that Brew day still going ahead??

Dunkel

Think you'll find it's called Franziskaner. And as for a recipe, you could try this

http://nationalhomebrewclub.com/forum/index.php/topic,2725.0.html

Enjoy!

Brew_Diva

Thanks Dunkel

I am going to be honest it all still looks a bit like gobbledy gook to me to use a technical term....

Will try to do a bit of research and go online to the homebrew store

However I feel a kit beer coming on

Laziness is taking over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Padraic

01. Padraic
02. Dr Jacoby
03. Shiny
04. Bubbles
05. Rossa
06. Michelle
07. Hop Bomb
08. Jules

Partridge9

01. Padraic
02. Dr Jacoby
03. Shiny
04. Bubbles
05. Rossa
06. Michelle
07. Hop Bomb
08. Jules
09. Partridge9

I might be brewing that HefeWeizen by the way.