• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 20, 2024, 04:59:57 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Brewing Demo - National Home brew day - Sat Oct 4th

Started by brettdundee, September 07, 2014, 02:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brettdundee

Seemingly its National Home brew day on Sat Oct 4th !!!

The National Homebrew club are hatching a plan. The plan is to brew a load of batches of beer in Pubs around the country and get the public  to come along.   There'll be one in Midleton, one in Cork, Galway,  a few in Dublin etc. 
I'm planning to do one extract brew demo in the Crafty Fox Bar in Limerick.

I just called in to the Crafty Fox bar yesterday, after chasing the giant Granny with the family, and they are keen to host it.  They have some very nice beers and wood fired pizzas also.

Should be a fun day out and a chance to attract other new and old brewers in the area.

johnrm

Rossa

That's fantastic. Can you email me the details and I'll add them to a list I'm going to publish this week. Super stuff.

brettdundee

Beer Brewing Demonstration for National Homebrew Day

When : 3pm – 7pm Saturday 4th Oct.
Where : Crafty Fox Bar, Denmark St, Limerick
Who : anyone who's interested.
Cost : Free entry

What's Happening : Watch a batch of pale ale being brewed with locally grown hops, brewing discussions,  chance to meet with other new and experienced home brewers in the area, sample or swap some brews, also the pub has a lovely range of craft beers on tap, and stone baked pizzas available. All welcome.

More info : See the Limerick Brewers forum http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.com/forum/index.php/topic,7667.0.html

Twitter : @LimerickBrewers

johnrm

Good man for piecing this together Brett!
Make sure and get a few pics on the day.

brettdundee

Tks john. We are getting there.
Attached here is a poster that can be printed out and put anywhere that home brewers might wander.

Chris

Just going to give this a bump, I'll be there as long as nothing happens at work.
Primary: Back to Black Again (Michael Jackson stout)
Secondary:
Conditioning:  Breac Donn Imperial Amber Ale
Drinking: Cascade Reaction Amber Ale, Fear Gorm Irish stout, lonesome pilgrim pale ale
Planned: imperial stout, finlandia kit hack

brettdundee

Re publicizing it, any last minute ideas ?

Its here on homebrew website, twitter, listed as an event on Limerick city of culture website so hopefully some turn up.

johnrm

brettdundee

I'll have to give some focus to describing the Limerick's rich yeast culture.  Here's a picture I did a few years ago to describe the adolescent phase of the yeast culture in a batch of fermenting beer.

brettdundee

Just went to drop in my gear to the venue and its closed.....  as in closed closed :o

brettdundee

PLEASE NOTE : Change of venue - The HomeBrew demo is now located at the Blind pig bar in Thomas St. 
Sort of fitting really, because the longest running homebrew shop in Ireland was in Thomas street.

brettdundee

Attached is Poster with venue changed to The Blind Pig

brettdundee

Well we had a small but interested group in the Blind Pig bar, Limerick. Hope you all enjoyed it. Twas much more interesting for me that talking to myself in the kitchen at home.

The locals were a little bemused at first when all the pots and pans were set up. One thought we were cooking up a stew for the dinner.

There was an artistic ambiance with Billy Hayes standing on the bar painting a mural on the pub wall. Eventually the brewing aroma got to him and he turned his attention to photographing a pictorial record of the brewing process. I'll add link to it here when its available.

Here we managed to avoid flooding the pub with the cooling process

Here's the bit everyone was waiting for - the sampling. My nettle ale, wheat beer, and Chris's pale ale all went down well.

Chris

Hats off to Brett well done. There was a good interest in the process by the small gathering. The last minute change of venue didn't help the numbers not to mention Munster tearing Leinster a new one. The Blind pig were fantastic hosts and couldn't do enough to help. Again well done Brett
Primary: Back to Black Again (Michael Jackson stout)
Secondary:
Conditioning:  Breac Donn Imperial Amber Ale
Drinking: Cascade Reaction Amber Ale, Fear Gorm Irish stout, lonesome pilgrim pale ale
Planned: imperial stout, finlandia kit hack