• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 29, 2024, 02:08:54 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Review: BrewPi – Fermentation Temperature Controller

Started by pob, March 03, 2015, 01:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pob

March 03, 2015, 01:32:13 PM Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 02:39:03 PM by pob Reason: Updating link
Here's a review of the BrewPi Temperature Controller that I have been using for the last 9 months or so.

http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.ie/wordpress/review-brewpi-fermentation-temperature-controller/

imark

Good write up. I use a similar configuration as yourself (with 2nd SSR for fridge) for about a year or so. I think they're working on expanding the project to control the brew day also.

pob

Great fun to be had with the Spark version, it will control a HERMS setup, then unplug it from that set of probes/relays and plug it back into the fermentation fridge/chamber for full temp control.

http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.com/forum/index.php?topic=9059.msg112700#msg112700

shanek

Great piece, that just answered a ton of unasked questions. Cheers pod.

HomeBrewWest

Amazing review. Working on a variation that plots SG. Not easy.
"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer." Abraham Lincoln. www.homebrewwest.ie

biertourist

I'm waiting to see what happens on the BrewPi Spark core from around May when the new Spark CPU / Platform gets released and hopefully there's more hardware available by then. 

(And maybe BrewPi will be setup with a US distribution location by then because right now shipping to the US from the Netherlands is kinda painful.)

Adam

johnrm

Quote from: biertourist on March 04, 2015, 04:53:27 PM...right now shipping to the US from the Netherlands is kinda painful.

That makes a change. Usually it's us Europeans craving a little something from the U.S.!

Leann ull

I discovered that the optimum point for my larder fridge was 2.7C where the compressor only comes on twice an hour instead of constantly fighting the ambient
Only another couple of weeks to go and I'll put another one on for christmas, not sure it will be ready in time though :P