• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 09:58:17 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

109 Munich Dunkel

Started by admin, October 30, 2012, 04:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Did this brew recently and it's been lagering ever since. Can't wait to try it. Never did a dunkel before, and not even sure if this is a dunkel!

Recipe: 109 Munich Dunkel

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------
Batch Size: 18.93 L      
Boil Size: 21.67 L
Estimated OG: 1.054 SG
Estimated Color: 36.2 EBC
Estimated IBU: 26.2 IBU
Brewhouse Efficiency: 75.00 %
Boil Time: 60 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amount        Item                                      Type         % or IBU      
4.30 kg       Munich Malt (17.7 EBC)                    Grain        97.51 %      
0.11 kg       Chocolate Malt (886.5 EBC)                Grain        2.49 %       
15.00 gm      Magnum [14.00 %]  (60 min)                Hops         26.2 IBU      
1 Pkgs        German Lager (White Labs #WLP830)         Yeast-Lager               

Notes:
------
Regular mash at 66°C for 1 hour, mashed out at 76°C. Fermented for 3 weeks with WLP830 from the Yeast Library.
First 15 litres of water treated with 18ml of CRS.

23/09/2012: 1.012

PaulB

Sounds great & certainly reads like a Dunkel, would love to know how it turns, out. Was going to attempt a Dunkel recently but opted for a Helles Bock instead...so far so good.

Partridge9

A Munich Dunkel eh - You have come a long way from the S05 !
- sounds smashing

My first thought was that I thought you should be using a Weiss Yeast - then I did a some research and found out that Dunkels are traditionally a dark larger made with primarily with Munich malt - looks like you have nailed it !

Can wait to taste it

I cant believe I thought a Dunkel was the same as a DunkelWeiss -   :-/
- boy I need to learn more about beer !!!

oblivious

Looks nice, if your ever brewing  it again give  the Munich 2 malt a shot

DoWn2DiE

any update on tasting notes and how it turned out, maybe a little early but do let us know.