• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 05:25:57 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Crank and Stein Mill, CO2 Cylinders

Started by mattco, March 21, 2013, 04:35:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattco

Hi Folks, I bought a Crank & Stein 2 roller mill around 3 years ago that I havn't used and am open to sensible offers.  Also have a few CO2 cylinders...maybe on the large size for home use but maybe there's a very thirsty person out there.  Also have a 25L stainless steel stock pot that would make an ideal kettle.  PM me if interested.

Hop Bomb

March 21, 2013, 05:36:53 PM #1 Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 05:37:38 PM by Hop_Bomb
QuoteHi Folks, I bought a Crank & Stein 2 roller mill around 3 years ago that I havn't used and am open to sensible offers.  Also have a few CO2 cylinders...maybe on the large size for home use but maybe there's a very thirsty person out there.  Also have a 25L stainless steel stock pot that would make an ideal kettle.  PM me if interested.

Would you take 75e for the crankandstein mill?  Thanks. Tom.
On tap: Flanders, Gose,
Fermenting: Oatmeal Brown, 200ish Fathoms,
Ageing: bretted 1890 export stout.
To brew:  2015 RIS, Kellerbier, Altbier.

Greg2013

Mattco CO2 cylinder please ;D ;D ;D Size and condition and what kinda connections does it have? Is it pressure tested etc? How much do you want for one? :P ::)
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

mattco

First of all, apologies to brew master, just read forum rules regarding PM and selling items. Happy to accept your offer Tom

Hop Bomb

My fault for ringing you. Apologies.

Thanks for accepting my offer! :)
On tap: Flanders, Gose,
Fermenting: Oatmeal Brown, 200ish Fathoms,
Ageing: bretted 1890 export stout.
To brew:  2015 RIS, Kellerbier, Altbier.

mattco

I have 2 No. 10Kg, (65 cm h), 2 No. 14 Kg (approx. 90 cm h) and 2 No. tall cylinders, approx 160cm h.  All are out of test but holding pressure.  (one is dated 2013, one 2007).  I'm not familiar with connections but they look like 20mm or so, 2 of the smaller cylinders have internal thread and two have external thread.

Greg2013

March 22, 2013, 11:29:00 AM #6 Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 11:29:51 AM by deadman1972
I presume the tallies are the type used by welders? Any prices and pics please and we might be able to shift them for you?

Am i understanding you correctly, you have 2 of each type ?
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

Will_D

QuoteI have 2 No. 10Kg, (65 cm h), 2 No. 14 Kg (approx. 90 cm h) and 2 No. tall cylinders, approx 160cm h.  All are out of test but holding pressure.  (one is dated 2013, one 2007).  I'm not familiar with connections but they look like 20mm or so, 2 of the smaller cylinders have internal thread and two have external thread.

CO2 cylinders always have a male thread. The female are probably mixed gas :)
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

mattco

A few images of cylinders (hopefully!) attached, and yes, every day is a school day....female internal thread ones are mixed gas (50:50 Co2 N2)

Greg2013

Mattco how much are you looking for please? ;D How far out of date pressure testing are these? Any idea how much it is to get one of these pressure tested?

mattco

I'll take €30 ea or nearest offer for the cylinders.  I'll even take some beer in PX as I'm running low (and won't be brewing for a few weeks while brewery upgrade is in progress!)  I have no idea what the cost of pressure testing is but they will need to be tested.  The latest one is stamped Jan 2013 (13.6Kg) , another 13.6 Kg is stamped June 2007, one of the 9.4Kg ones is stamped 2003 and I can't make out the tag on the other small ones.

Mossy

I know its been while but have you got any of the CO2 tanks left?

gazahayes

I'd like one myself if they're still there?