• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 24, 2024, 12:11:07 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

NHC Belfast Diary Dates 2017

Started by Quiet_Man, January 10, 2017, 10:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quiet_Man

Well Lads....Happy Brew Year!

There has been some chit chat over on WhatsApp about brew days, meets, etc....but nothing definite, so lets get planning.

1. The Nationals 2017 - Registration is open (Closes 31 Jan). Bottle drop off by 5 Feb.
                             18 Feb @ Lock 13, Sallins
                               4 March @ Alfie Byrnes, Dublin

Any one planning on entering? Judging / Stewarding? Thinking of travelling down for a day out?

2. Club meet? Jan / Feb? Bit of pre-Nationals testing, planning for the year ahead.......Any takers?

2. Brewday at Hillstown (with Ciaran) - Ciaran has suggested 11 or 18 Feb or 4 March, but nobody replied (including me)....but would be nice to get an agreed date (especially as two clash with the Nationals - but if no one is travelling down, maybe a club day out and following the results on Twitter, etc....and a few beers.....

3. Brewday at Brewbot? - may be another goer. Brewing on own kit, not Brewbot. Again getting a date

4. Barry and SPBWNI - potential barrel project? Could combine with one above? Barry - I'm happy to tag along on this if we can agree on a suitable night.

5. AOB....

belfastjacko

#2 a club meet would be good for me. As I move from kits to AG/BIAB, I'm gonna need all the help and support I can get lol

Ciaran

All of the above sound good.....mind you I've quite a busy schedule in January full of bearding and drinking smoothies / pouring alcohol down the sink for at least another 2 weeks so gonna have to sit out the meet this month.  You wouldn't want me there in my lycra anyway  ;D 

Got a couple of entries in for the nationals there and hoping to squeeze in one more this weekend. 

Would like to get back to the guys about the brewday soon - maybe we need a poll?   I'd consider stewarding in the Dublin leg if there was a need for it and anyone else was up for a day return on the train?  That would obviously rule out 4 march, but if no-one else is up for it then any of the dates mentioned are good for me.

sub82

Good stuff! Eventful year ahead and it's still January!!

sub82

Quote from: Ciaran on January 10, 2017, 11:24:17 PM
I'd consider stewarding in the Dublin leg if there was a need for it and anyone else was up for a day return on the train?

Definitely considering this too!

robotmonkey

You've two #2s, madness!

Don't know if I'm entering anything but I'd be up for the trip down to Dublin for the nationals.

Roo

I have two entries for the nationals. Are we arranging drop off anywhere?
Life moves pretty fast.....if you don't stop and look around once in a while....you could miss it.

Bazza

Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

Ciaran

I'm down home for a bit tomorrow Ruairi if you have them ready ?

Roo

In the words of Jean Luc Picard....I'll "make it so". I'll pm you for your timings. I am heading to Geterbrewed at some stage. Perhaps we could meet there....I'll wear a pink carnation.
Life moves pretty fast.....if you don't stop and look around once in a while....you could miss it.

banjobrew

So who is going to the brewday on Saturday?
Belfast Homebrewers.

Bazza

Quote from: banjobrew on February 05, 2017, 07:19:25 PM
So who is going to the brewday on Saturday?

1. Barry
2. (unconfirmed+1 if there's room)
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

Ciaran

1. Barry
3. Ciaran

banjobrew

1. Barry
3. Ciaran
4. Gareth
Belfast Homebrewers.

Roo

1. Barry
3. Ciaran
4. Gareth
5. Roo (so far)