• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 07:30:25 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

HomeBrew kit for firsttimer

Started by mcgooie, June 11, 2013, 11:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcgooie

Hi all,
Been thinking about doing some home brew for sometime now. Just wondering if anyone can recommend a decent homebrew kit for a newbie to get started on. I have seen quite a few available from Amazon which look quite good. Any tips/advice would be very welcome.

johnrm

Welcome to the NHC mcgooie! :)
Best bet is look at either Thehomebrewcompany.ie or homebrewwest.ie
You will get all you need there.
Have a snoop there and ask as many questions as you like here! (Famous last words)

johnrm

Also, you'll probably find that lots of the questions you have are already asked on here, so have a good read, there is tons of good info on here.

matthewdick23

hi there. welcome to the club

another belfast homebrewer! where abouts are you based?

geterbrewed is a good shout

I did loadsa kits before AG, the brewferm ones where some of the best. i can recommend the tripel and the diablo. those are pretty good. the diablo was prob the best kit i ever did. takes 6-12 months though to come to its prime. so youd prob want to get another kit that you can drink sooner too!  the st peters ipa wasnt bad

matthew

Bill_00

If you aren't looking for a Belgian one, St Peters and Woodforde's do some good ones...you're usually better off using "double can" kits...they don't require you to add your own sugar and quality are generally higher (plus drinkable a lot quicker than the Brewferm ones)

Get 'er brewed have them, as does Nature's Way in Ballyhackamore

johnrm

I never spotted that this was posted in the Belfast Section.
My bad.

Still, Its never any harm do post a bit of background etc. in the Intro Section.

mcgooie

Thanks for all the info. I am actually based in Moira direction though I work in Belfast. I will certainly take a look at the beers from geterbrewed. Looks like a good selection to get started with on there anyway.

sub82

Hi and welcome!

Been said earlier but yeah Geterbrewed are good to respond and know their stuff!

BrewBilly

Hi mcgooie Welcome

I started by getting a Coopers beginners kit which had fermentation vessel, hydrometer, 45ish 500ml bottles, long spoon (I forget everything) and you get a Coopers kit beer included of your choice, I did the Larger which was pretty good, the stout has had some good reviews.

The reason I liked this kit was that it had everything you needed to start - I got it off Brew UK however we have two local shops here in Belfast that as also great source of beer, equipment etc.

You also have great members of this forum and brew club to keep you right if you need any advice etc.

Hope this all helps

Cheers
BrewBilly - aka Andy
Addicted Amateur

DJ: Empty
FV1: Ausie Pale Ale
FV2: Hefeweizen
Plans: Centennial SMaSH