• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 08:42:27 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

New Member Introduction

Started by Entroph, October 06, 2015, 08:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Entroph

Hey all! I'm a new brewer in the Cork area and I thought I would introduce myself so you all know me a bit better :)

The name is Donal, and I've been brewing now for probably around 3 years. There is a catch though... I don't touch beer, I only brew cider and fruit wine! In fact, if I'm honest, I'm not really partial to the taste of beer at all. That's likely why I have been so reluctant to post here or try to join in the meetups, since there's a good chance I might be condemned as a heretic.

Thus far I've probably done around 10 batches of cider, including a couple of delicious honey ciders or cysers. I've also done maybe 5 batches of wine, including 3 batches of strawberry and elderflower wine and a dandelion wine last year. I've done a bunch of reading on cidermaking, but very little on beer brewing. As a result, all those heating coils, pressurized kegs and speciality yeasts are like some kind of mystical sorcery to me.

So, what do you say? Will you have me, beer lovers? I'm sure I could learn a lot from your yeasty, hoppy ways!

LordEoin

oh.. and welcome!
Don't worry about only having rotted fruit juice, variety is the spice of life  ;D

Leann ull

You only like Cider because you never tasted good beer, quick somebody sent a beer parcel :P

johnrm

Welcome Donal, great intro!
It's whatever you're into really, but get your ass along to a meet for some constructive criticism, plus you will get to taste other beers ciders (or beers!)

Oh Crap

It could be a lot worse.....you could have been a tee totalling pioneer 😁 That only likes water that has flowed through the Himalayas and hand bottled by 7 vestal virgins
Beer
1 is good, 2 is better, 3 is enough & 4 isn't half enough

johnrm

Have you got the GPS coords for that bottling plant?  :-*

hopapotamus

October 07, 2015, 02:34:10 PM #6 Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 02:48:58 PM by hopapotamus
did someone mention a group buy on vestal virgins? i was looking for one the night of the blood moon but was out ...........i fear the gods are angry with me >:D
welcome to the club donal , you will find that the rebels are a grand bunch of lads who can organise a piss up in a brewary.........but hide if anyone mentions a bacon explosion . O0

Entroph

Quote from: johnrm on October 06, 2015, 11:29:40 PM
plus you will get to taste other beers ciders (or beers!)

I hear whispers of hopped ciders sometimes, maybe that's my stepping stone to the world of beer! Thanks for the warm welcome lads! I'll try my best to make it to the next meetup and see if I have bottles of anything lying around to let you sample too :)