• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 09:03:16 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Belfast Homebrewers - Club Meet - Thur 7th April 2022 - Northern Lights

Started by Bazza, March 24, 2022, 09:24:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazza

Hi All,

Next club meet confirmed on Thursday 7th April at 8pm in Northern Lights (upstairs).

Everyone welcome. Samples of the fruits of your hobby are encouraged but not demanded.

Cheers,

-Barry

I'll start the ball rolling:

1) Bazza: IPA of some description, Munich Helles (if ready)
2)

Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

Onthebrew

I'll be there as a club newbie. Hopefully will have a talus pale ale if it's ready.

I've also got an American pale that is a bit dodgy after 6 weeks. Smells fine but tastes a bit off. Maybe I can get some help pinning down  out why!

Rob

Bazza

Quote from: Onthebrew on March 24, 2022, 10:34:47 AMI'll be there as a club newbie. Hopefully will have a talus pale ale if it's ready.

I've also got an American pale that is a bit dodgy after 6 weeks. Smells fine but tastes a bit off. Maybe I can get some help pinning down  out why!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Yep. A large part of the sample sharing is about getting feedback & helping each other improve. Hopefully we'll be able to help nail down the issues with your APA. I've also a Talus IPA that I'm hoping will be ready in time. First time I've used that hop, so will be interested to share opinions on it.

Cheers,

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

Onthebrew

Cool. My first time with talus too. Only in keg a week and still a bit green. Hopefully should be good in a couple of weeks.

phildo79

What's the deal with BYO? Do they need to be in bottles or can you bring a half keg?

phildo79

I only ask because I have a good 15L of Founders Breakfast Stout cloned and will be racking some off into my 9.5L corny to bring to a mates house some night. Can't see us polishing it all off and I would rather not be arsed with having to bottle from the keg.

Bazza

Quote from: phildo79 on March 24, 2022, 05:06:25 PMWhat's the deal with BYO? Do they need to be in bottles or can you bring a half keg?
Quote from: phildo79 on March 24, 2022, 05:09:30 PMI only ask because I have a good 15L of Founders Breakfast Stout cloned and will be racking some off into my 9.5L corny to bring to a mates house some night. Can't see us polishing it all off and I would rather not be arsed with having to bottle from the keg.

Can't see there being any issues with bringing a small keg; we'll still only be taking small samples from it. In the same way we don't rock up and drink 12 bottles each.
Maybe just bring it in some sort of discrete bag in case the other punters think we're having a keg party upstairs :)

Cheers,

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

kilianw

Sounds good, might dig out an old bottle just to prove I'm still brewing.

Bazza

Reminder that this is happening this coming Thursday.

Can I remind you to add to the below list so I can give Northern Lights an idea of numbers closer to the time:

2)
― Groucho Marx

Onthebrew

2) Rob: Talus pale ale, and something infected

Bazza

Quote from: Onthebrew on April 07, 2022, 11:55:26 AMJust checking this is still on?

Yep; it's still on okay. We're looking at around 6-7 folk at this stage.

Cheers,

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

Bazza

Slight change of plan. We're in the snug downstairs. There in 5.
― Groucho Marx

Oggyman

Hi all,

Signed up last year or the year before, but never took full advantage. Will look to attend the next meeting.

I am looking to purchase myself an all in one kit such as the grain father s40.  Any types or other types I should consider?

Have been mostly using buckets, kettle pots etc.

Looking to treat myself for my 40th  :)
Quote from: Bazza on March 24, 2022, 09:24:38 AMHi All,

Next club meet confirmed on Thursday 7th April at 8pm in Northern Lights (upstairs).

Everyone welcome. Samples of the fruits of your hobby are encouraged but not demanded.

Cheers,

-Barry

I'll start the ball rolling:

2)

Onthebrew

Can I check if there are any meetings planned over the next few months?

Cheers
Rob