• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 14, 2024, 01:44:44 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

South Dublin Brewers - Next Meet - Thur 30th April

Started by Bubbles, April 08, 2015, 04:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

You lucky NCB'ers! Young molc is producing some fantastic beer for a lad that's only been at it for 6 months. Best dry stout i've ever tasted, hands down. Future medal glory is inevitable with beer of that quality!

Bruce's english brown was a close second - absolutely superb.

Thanks to Lurchalicious for visiting us this evening, great to meet you dude. Hope to see you again next month.

DEMPSEY

Congrats but we are nurturing a great new homebrewer in the Liffey brewers,Damien E. He won gold and bronze in the nationals and to quote a crappy actor,"we'll be back".☺
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Bubbles

:)

No pressure at all on the chap for next year then! :)

molc

Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

Shanna

Stout was nice alright but I liked the Belgian best even if I said it was very sweet.

Molc hope Bubbles glowing tribute makes up for me ripping the piss 're your amber ale, like I can talk !!!

Shanna
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

Bubbles

Quote from: Shanna on May 01, 2015, 12:31:40 PM
Stout was nice alright but I liked the Belgian best even if I said it was very sweet.

Cheers man. Nice enough beer, but recipe needs a lot of tweaking. For a first attempt at a dubbel though, I'm pleased enough.

molc

Yeah the dubbel was very tasty, especcially considering its age.
As for the Amber, it will be interesting to see how it develops. It's a style I want to improve, but a little unsure which tweaks to put in, other than more hops of course ;)
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

Shanna

Quote from: Bubbles on May 01, 2015, 02:48:53 PM
more hops...  ;)
Was looking at the BJCP category for American Amber and for "Aroma: Low to moderate hop aroma from dry hopping or late kettle additions of American hop varieties." but for "Flavor: Moderate to high hop flavor from American hop varieties,". I assume when you said it needed more hops you were referring to flavour and not just expressing you inate love of hops?

Shanna
Hops Group buy packer

dn218

Folks, I know I've dropped of the face since new year, just to let you know the scenario. I'm on a secondment with work that has me in San Jose for most of each month, this will run until July. It's put a dent in brewing but that said I've managed to get a Belgian bruin on and an extra stout in stints back home, but even better found out one of my colleagues is an accomplished home brewer and kit builder so we've already cooked up a batch of blonde ale  (just like the you tube vids sunny day, just outside the garage on the burner drinking IPA and eating Costco pizza!!) and plan a classic APA over the next two weekends. Hope to have some for tasting in July if I can get my head around all these gallons, oz and Fahrenheit!! ;-)

Shanna

Quote from: dn218 on May 02, 2015, 08:34:30 PM
Folks, I know I've dropped of the face since new year, just to let you know the scenario. I'm on a secondment with work that has me in San Jose for most of each month, this will run until July. It's put a dent in brewing but that said I've managed to get a Belgian bruin on and an extra stout in stints back home, but even better found out one of my colleagues is an accomplished home brewer and kit builder so we've already cooked up a batch of blonde ale  (just like the you tube vids sunny day, just outside the garage on the burner drinking IPA and eating Costco pizza!!) and plan a classic APA over the next two weekends. Hope to have some for tasting in July if I can get my head around all these gallons, oz and Fahrenheit!! ;-)
Time to start an import/export business :) Enjoy the sunshine it's pissing rain here :(

Shanna
Hops Group buy packer