• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 06, 2024, 03:13:42 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Can you send some yeast to east europe?

Started by bionut, January 31, 2015, 08:13:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bionut

Hello fellow brewer,

i must start with a apology for asking this, but i've read the yeast bank rules and didn't found the answer. Can somebody that have some spare yeast slants or other form of yeast storage send some to me, in Romania?
Here we got only one homebrew stuff distributor and he simply make his own prices, and they aren't small at all. I observed prices over 300% bigger than the same item on a foreign site. I could order some yeast from those sites, but the majority of them don't ship to EU or simply have enormous costs for that.
I some of you have some spare yeast that can send me i woul gladly accept it, even one that seems infected, i can try to isolate some yeast from it.

Thanks and sorry for my english.

DEMPSEY

Can you not get any of the dry yeast packets like nottingham US05
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

bionut

No Nottingham, just a generic Muntons yeast, and sometimes Fermentis. I just want to be able to keep a strain of yeast using slants and reusing it. I tried washing the slurry, but it doesn't work indefinetly. From what i've read you can't make slants from dried yeast, it will not work properly, i couldn't find a testimony of one that harvested dry yeast and got good result.