• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 09:44:42 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

cheap hydrometers and PB valves

Started by Tom, April 16, 2014, 04:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Dunelm Mills, next to B&Q are flogging homebrew hydrometers for 89p and white pressure barrel (2") lids with, I think, pin valves for a fiver. They're in the top left of the shop, at the back corner, on the bottom shelf. I bought a handful of hydrometers for the RRP of one! Woop.

irish_goat

Sweet. Will try and get down tomorrow.  :)

Greg2013

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

Tom

Aye, I think so. It includes a black one of them things, anyway. Says the RRP is £20.

Handy if like me your brass valve actually bloody leaks.

Greg2013

Quote from: Tom on April 16, 2014, 06:03:51 PM
Aye, I think so. It includes a black one of them things, anyway. Says the RRP is £20.

Handy if like me your brass valve actually bloody leaks.

Fancy getting me one and a hydrometer and sticking it in the post ? Paypal at the ready  ::) :P
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

Tom

They're this, I think. http://www.homebrewwest.ie/spare-cap-for-2-keg-with-8grm-pin-valve-378-p.asp

I'll be back into Derry on Tuesday, so I'll lift them then, sho'.

Greg2013

Quote from: Tom on April 16, 2014, 06:09:12 PM
They're this, I think. http://www.homebrewwest.ie/spare-cap-for-2-keg-with-8grm-pin-valve-378-p.asp

I'll be back into Derry on Tuesday, so I'll lift them then, sho'.

PM me so Tom for details and payment and thanks m8, i have a pressure keg here i was given, needs a new lid and a tap, this would be a cheap way of testing if its any good  ;D