• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 11:21:25 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Craft Beer Sunday - 21st September

Started by admin, May 20, 2014, 02:53:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

May 20, 2014, 02:53:01 PM Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 02:33:11 PM by irish_goat
This arrived in the mail. Contact me if you'd like to know more.

QuoteLet me introduce myself, I am part of the CultureTECH Festival team, we are a festival that is based in Derry-Londonderry and which is now in its third year and has become Northern Ireland's biggest tech / media event - blurring the lines between arts, culture and technology - and in 2013 we attracted an audience of 24,000. The festival is made up of dozens of performances, showcases, exhibitions, conferences, meet-ups, fun & games and this year we are looking at attracting an audience of 40,000+.

The dates of our festival are 15th - 21st September and will take place in dozens of venues across Derry-Londonderry and on our last day we would love to have our first Craft Beer Sunday to take place within the heart of the city in a place called the Craft Village. We are inviting 6/7 different brewing companies to come along and showcase their beers, this may be the first time we are doing this but we are hoping it won't be the last and for it to become a regular event within Derry-L'Derry.  We obviously want local brewers to be involved with this - would you and your members be interested in taking part and showcasing their beers?

If you are interested I would love to chat to you in more detail about the event, I would be happy to give you a call at your convenience.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Rossa

Was that to your  personal account or the club account?

irish_goat

Happy days. Things have improved slightly in Derry in that Kinnegar is now stocked in a few bars/restaurants. Long way to go.

Can you fire me over the details Tube?  :)

Tom

Any more details on this?

irish_goat

Ok, been chatting with Siobháin from Culture Tech. Initially I offered to do an all grain, an extract or a kit brew and recommended the kit as the best for beginners and it's also the least "boring" i.e. no waiting around for the mash/boil etc. She has said it is trying to be a "family event" although I imagine that is just to satisfy some funding overlords but I think doing a kit brew is the best way to go. She emailed back asking me if I could 5! I said I could but I don't want to end up with 125 litres of beer to get home and wouldn't want to have to pay for 5 kits (don't mind paying for one). She then got back to say that Get'Er Brewed have kindly offered to sponsor the kits and equipment and they're going to have a stall there so people can ask them questions and buy products.

So, plan is I'll bring my HLT and we can use that to make the kits up and maybe do a few grain steeps or hop teas. I'll find out what kits we're getting but I'd assume it will be a mix. We agreed that we would maybe raffle some of the kits to the public so that they can take them home and ferment and bottle the beer themselves and then maybe have a tasting night a month or two later. Happy to let anyone on here take one home as well if they want.

CARA

Sounds class! I'll definitely be up for that weekend!
Upa Sesh

Rossa

Great stuff. I met her at the maker faire. She was very nice and it sounds like a great event and also a chance to show Derry what they are missing out on !

irish_goat

Been in touch with Get'Er Brewed and they've said they'll sort us out with kits (preferably Muntons). Any preferences lads? Was thinking a mix of stout, IPA, mild and wheat?

http://www.geterbrewed.com/muntons-beer-kits/

Get'Er Brewed have said they get 2-3 orders a week up to Derry so hopefully we can entice a few of them into joining up.

CARA

Cheeky mild would be great. Any kit ciders for the non beer heads?
Upa Sesh

irish_goat

They've no Munton's cider listed but it does exist so maybe they could look into getting us one.

CARA

Happy days, if it's an all day thing, you sure you don't wanna throw on a cheeky AG? Is it in the craft village yeah?
Upa Sesh

irish_goat

July 30, 2014, 07:03:19 PM #11 Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 07:13:29 PM by irish_goat
Quote from: CARA on July 30, 2014, 05:53:52 PM
Happy days, if it's an all day thing, you sure you don't wanna throw on a cheeky AG? Is it in the craft village yeah?

Aye, feck it, why not!

It's in "the cottage" in the craft village, which is right beside Cafe Del Mondo. There's gonna be 6 or 7 breweries there giving out samples and then Cafe Del Mondo will be selling their beers as well.

CARA

I know it yeah. Sweet ill bring my mash tun up from culmore too sure
Upa Sesh

irish_goat

Happy days. Maybe get a cask/keg set up using cornies as well? I might brew next weekend so we have samples for this anyway.

CARA

Upa Sesh