• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 03:04:49 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Walk In Home Brew Stores.

Started by Greg2013, December 30, 2012, 04:08:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg2013

I have searched golden pages for physical walk in actual home brew stores but have been unable to find any in either Waterford or Cork. There is one in Wexford somewhere i think. I would be interested to hear of any walk in stores servicing the home brew crowd that are in the south east region. Especially ones that are accessable by national bus routes. ;D

Online is great way to go but there is a lot to be said for a virgin brewer being able to walk into a physical store and see the stuff he is paying for  beforehand and naybe get some advice from hopefully a shoppie thats a home brewer themselves. ;) ;D

i am asking this because both the online shops i am using are out of one or more essential items i need for my first order and being as most places are open again next week i wouldn't mind taking a bus trip to see a couple of places :D
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

johnrm

The only stores in the South that I am aware of... Home Brew company and HomeBrewWest.
Mountmellick and Galway respectively.
TBH,while a trip to Mecca is nice, you will find all you need online.
I've seen your other threads, you need to keep it simple to start.

rukkus

Some tescos also stock some basics, the one in wexford has some for example

newToBrew

There is an old guy David is his naame - used to have a homebrew shop on  the quay in waterford years ago he now sells stuff from his house mostly wine - beer kits he does have some equipment don't have his number on this phone but I recall finding it online on the golden pages homebrew waterford or something like that

Tbh I went to him when I was starting to source ag equipment  and he didn't have much stuff for that his prices on fermenters for eg were not much better than online
coz theres always something new to do

Greg2013

Well too late now my order is just gone in :o I hope the bloody thing does not take ages to arrive like a lot of these courier delivered orders do,missed out on some items because they were out of stock so will have to search for them elswhere ::)
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)