• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 05:11:17 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Sources for flash pasteurized, no sugar added puree?

Started by BrewerAndrew, June 12, 2016, 03:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrewerAndrew

Hello,

I am looking to find a source in Ireland that sells flash pasteurized, no sugar added, 100% fruit puree's.  I am looking in 1-2kg quantities.  Anyone have a recommendation?

-Cheers
-Andrew

hassettbrew

So am I looking for this, its like hens teeth, you could tey Palas foods they have some, otherwise you may have to pasteurize your self
let me know how you get on

googoomuck

Befriend a chef they will get you some through a supplier, Boiron purees are commonly used in kitchens.  Good product and a huge selection of fruits. Can be got from Pallas foods like hassetbrew said.

cruiscinlan

Quote from: googoomuck on July 20, 2016, 07:28:43 PM
Can be got from Pallas foods like hassetbrew said.

Pallas won't sell direct.

Redmonds have a minimum order of €75 and for that amount will want you to pick up from their place in Naas, for an order of €150 they'll deliver to the Dublin area.

As a few of us get flour from Shipton Mill through Redmonds you might want to piggyback on the next flour order.

Leann ull

I bought some out of an Italian deli in Monkstown who had it delivered from Naas, just ask them who they deliver to in your neighbourhood and ask them to sell it to you.
Not cheap btw 15-25 a kg tub because it's the real thing and not processed

nigel_c

I've used cans of fruit straight off any supermarket shelf. In juice. Liquidized and added either at 80c in the whirlpool or pasteurized and added to secondary. A hell of a lot cheaper. Got a gold in the nationals last year with this method so there might just be something in it  ;)

Leann ull

Ooh no I don't use it in my beer it for coulis darrrling.