• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 06:54:11 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

New SS FV With Many Thanks To Will D & CH.

Started by Greg2013, July 08, 2016, 06:16:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg2013

My new shiny SS FV arrived yesterday. I just want to say a huge thank you to Will D for holding on to it until CH could get to it,and huge thanks to CH for transporting same to me yesterday.  ;D
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

Greg2013

This has already received a hot oxyclean bath,rinse,and dry. I have just ordered some Barkeeper's Friend from link below,when that arrives hopefully end of next week i will polish and buff inside and out and one final oxclean bath. It will then be left open to air to passivate which should only take a week. ;D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172164153963?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

Greg2013

I am getting conflicting advice on using this on the inside of this FV so would appreciate any advice on same. ;D

darren996

Greg2013

Quote from: darren996 on July 08, 2016, 10:27:31 PM
I have serious shiny envy

Bit of overkill for my needs but there was nothing much in the price between the 30lt and 50lt so i figured better to have it and not need it.  ;D

Shanna

Quote from: Greg2013 on July 08, 2016, 06:16:24 PM
My new shiny SS FV arrived yesterday. I just want to say a huge thank you to Will D for holding on to it until CH could get to it,and huge thanks to CH for transporting same to me yesterday.  ;D
Looks good Greg.

Shanna
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

LordEoin

Quote from: Greg2013 on July 08, 2016, 08:58:51 PM
I am getting conflicting advice on using this on the inside of this FV so would appreciate any advice on same. ;D
I wouldn't use barkeeper's friend on it at all. Barkeeper's friend is just for cleaning manky stuff. It strips the surface off and you could end up with it duller afterwards.
That already looks clean and shiny, so I'd just go for a good scrub with oxy clean, a hot rinse and air dry.

Greg2013

Quote from: LordEoin on July 09, 2016, 10:17:55 AM
Quote from: Greg2013 on July 08, 2016, 08:58:51 PM
I wouldn't use barkeeper's friend on it at all. Barkeeper's friend is just for cleaning manky stuff. It strips the surface off and you could end up with it duller afterwards.
That already looks clean and shiny, so I'd just go for a good scrub with oxy clean, a hot rinse and air dry.

Already gave it a good hot oxyclean bath,rinse,and towel dry. It is going to need sanitising when i get some Starsan anyway so a quick swirl with a couple litres extra strength Starsan solution will sanitize and passivate at same time.My OCD just won't allow me not to do it.  :P

There are some spot welds that will need a clean around the handles,inside looks fine so far though it is hard to see up inside the top. However it is my keg setup i really need the BKF for,it got manky grubby in storage while i was away and needs a good clean.Bar the spot welds that need cleaning i won't be using BKF on this SS FV. ;D