• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 29, 2024, 02:08:53 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

February Meetup

Started by mettiu, January 16, 2018, 08:21:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mettiu

Happy new year everyone!

It's time to start organising a new gathering, hopefully we can keep them going monthly this year.
I suggest it to be at 7:30PM on Thursday the 22nd of February, at the now already usual location - the back room of Mother Mac's pub.
There's a bit over a month until then, so maybe a good motivation to get something fermenting :)

Mike (of Mother Mac's) will be there, he wants to get actively involved and suggest us some interesting initiatives like brewing competitions, organised visits to breweries, etc.
Also, he expressed the interest to have us there every month, so we could agree on some regular day for future events. I know it's a long shot, but if there will be enough people interested we could occasionaly change location (and organise some transportation) to suit the further away members - just an idea.
We could consider all that at the meeting.

Stephen and Gabriel from Treaty City have also confirmed they'll make it. Last time they've been too busy with Christmas brewing and deliveries.

If you know anyone considering to start brewing, invite them to join the club and to come to the meetup! For many initiatives to be possible it will be beneficial to get more people involved.

Looking forward to see you all in February!

Matija

RobShamrock

I'll be in again, will try stay a bit later this time too

Rob

Keg

Count me in!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Keg

Forgot to say, I brewed a Helles in December, it's conditioning at the moment, hope to have some bottles to sample at the meet, and some still very young cider!

Will try to brew something else between now and then, might not be easy as we'll have guests staying in the brewery (or the spare room as she calls it).

evansannagh

Am around so hopefully try to make it

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

beernut

Should make it as well.

One of the things to discuss is if anyone is interested in going to brewcon and possibly brewing something for the club night.

tipp brewer

I m hoping to make this one. I have a brown ale made which I haven't tried yet. I made an American pale ale with the wet hops and got some sort of infection I reckon, anyway I did the usual home brew thing and put them into the back of the shed to see if they magically improve as I didn't know until I had them bottled.

RobShamrock

I've ingredients for a Hoppy Red Ale hoping to get on this saturday so it'll be fresh if nothing else, along the lines of the Fixer by o'Brother is what I'm aiming for

Dracusse

If i make it hopefully i would have couple of brews .. kolsh /pumpkin sour /pale ale / double ipa and few more ;)

mettiu

I think I'll have 3 beers ready:
- an Old Ale (brewed in September)
- a Black English IPA (brewed in December)
- a Brown Ale (still in the fermenter)

There might also be a fresh Porter, but I'm not sure yet :)
I have all the ingredients ready, and I was considering reusing the Brown Ale's yeast cake as an experiment.

dundon13

Hey fellow Limerick brewers, id by very interested in attending this meet up but id have no beers to bring. I tried to produce 3 beers last year but none came out well. Work and other life things have prevented me from taking a stab at it again but maybe i can come to this meet and pick up some tips and reinvigorate me to go at it again.

mettiu

Quote from: dundon13 on February 08, 2018, 12:31:59 AM
Hey fellow Limerick brewers, id by very interested in attending this meet up but id have no beers to bring. I tried to produce 3 beers last year but none came out well. Work and other life things have prevented me from taking a stab at it again but maybe i can come to this meet and pick up some tips and reinvigorate me to go at it again.

Hi James, don't worry, it seems there's going to be plenty of other beers there for sampling. Plus, it's only a meetup, not necessarily a tasting event :) And don't get discouraged, it took me a lot of failed batches before brewing anything decent.
See you on the 22nd!

mettiu

Hi everyone, just a reminder that the meetup is tomorow, see you all there!

Keg

I'm aiming to be in between 7:30-8pm.

Have a lager and a pale ale!

Fandbtraining

Hopefully I'll make it in this evening - new to all this so god know what I'm bringing 😂😂