• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 06:37:10 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

July Meetup 3PM Sunday 07 July @ Gradys Yard

Started by TheSumOfAllBeers, June 21, 2019, 12:01:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSumOfAllBeers

June 21, 2019, 12:01:28 AM Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 04:27:09 PM by TheSumOfAllBeers
Update: I have just confirmed this with the pub. Please note that the meeting starts at 3pm (their usual opening time) rather than 2pm in June.

The second meeting of the South Eastern/Copper Coast brewers will take place at Sunday 07 July 2019 at 3pm Gradys Yard.

Agenda
Chair: TheSumOfAllBeers
If there is something that you want added to the agenda, please let me know and I will add it here for discussion.

3:00 - arrive get a beer/lunch and settle in
3:15 - meeting proper starts. (TSOAB to chair)
- introductions, brewing experience and history
- any news items (upcoming festivals, events competitions)
3:30-4:00 - first presentation Great Fermentations by AC13 - a discussion of all the microflora we use to ferment beer with (not just sacc).
4:00-4:15 - second presentation: Get your Kit Out by TheSumOfAllBeers - a showcase of some of my brewing equipment in use
4:15-5:00 - members tastings (who, style, strength)
- TSOAB, lager, 5.2% ABV
- TSOAB, Amarillo Pale Ale 5% ABV
(we will try to order these in increasing order of palate friendliness)
5:00 - Club Business
- nominate new club rep for NHC forum
- name change for NHC
- discuss plans for brew con club night
- nominate chair for August meeting
- nominate presenters for August meeting
- discuss future presentation topics

TheSumOfAllBeers

I am going to try for the first sunday of the month.

I would appreciate if we can get a volunteer for a second presentation, and make this a routine feature of the meetings. A series of photographs works very well if you are prepared to talk over it, and is easy to commit to and prepare. Its a bad habit to start that the meeting chair does everything, as it makes it hard to rotate the chair.

Speaking of which, someone else will have to chair the august meeting. I can handover on the day, but it makes sense if someone steps forward before then.

TheSumOfAllBeers

Bump. Updated the original post. Event is on.

TheSumOfAllBeers

Just a reminder, this event is go for Sunday.

I would like to draw attention to the admin business in the agenda:

- nominate new club rep for NHC forum
- name change for NHC
- discuss plans for brew con club night
- nominate chair for August meeting
- nominate presenters for August meeting

I would prefer to deal with this at the start of the meeting, so can people make it on time?

There is a bit of work to keep a regular meeting going, and keeping it interesting. Its not a lot, but can get tedious. A group can get very used to a single person doing all of it, and unravel very quickly if that single person can't keep doing it, for say, expanding family reasons.

So my ability to organise, chair or even attend the august meeting will be zero. At best I might be able to call in if its another sunday afternoon meet.

So on Sunday, we will enact the first of some simple practices that keep the group self sustaining.
- the first is that the group selects the chairperson for the next meeting. I can handover to the incoming chair as to what that means.
- the second is the group selects the next presenter. This shouldn't be an onerous task.

To put this in perspective - if three people turn up on sunday, the two people who are not the chair of the current meeting can arm wrestle over who gets to be next chair/presenter.

Basically if the next meeting is completely decided before the current one is over, the venue can be booked and posts/events/schedules made.

Slev

Hi folks.

I happen to be in waterford today, would it be ok for me to tag along to yer get together? Promise to behave

Slev

CARA

Burst on Slev, nice friendly pub. I'll be in a little later with the bossman
Dec
Upa Sesh