• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 11:30:26 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Over Carbonated Keg - Help!!

Started by Palealeman, December 23, 2020, 07:47:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palealeman

i unexpectedly ran out of co2 a couple of weeks ago and in order to get 2 of my beers carbonated in time for Christmas i tried the Burst Carbonation method of setting the co2 at 50psi for a day in the kegerator (Brulosophy method). But now all i get is a glass of foam from the kegs :(
i have released the co2 from the keg but its still a glass of foam coming out when i reset it back to serving pressure! Has anyone any suggestions on how to fix this so i'm not serving foam to the (very few) visitors i may have over the next few days? Or a better way to Burst Carbonate for future reference?!

DEMPSEY

Only way to degas a beer is to warm it up a bit and shake it violently to then burp it. Only downside is you will lose some of your aroma.

Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

DEMPSEY

What beerline are you using. 3/16th OD is best to use. approx 1.5m
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Palealeman

thanks - i'll give it a go!
my beer lines are 3/8 OD x 1/4 ID and i have approx 1.5m

Sorcerers Apprentice

You can strip co2 out of the beer by applying co2 to the liquid post and venting it through the relief valve , the keg basically becomes a stripping column, a few burbs and it should be fine 
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads/overcarbed-keg-heres-an-instant-solution.127655/

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

There's no such thing as bad beer - some just taste better than others