• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 04:31:40 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Laugh Easkey Water Profile Help

Started by colm89, February 18, 2021, 11:49:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

colm89

Hi all, finally taking the plunge into water treatments and want to make sure I get my source profile right so have been digging around in an effort to nail it down.

Between this and this, I have come up with the following profile:

Calcium - 32ppm
Magnesium - 0ppm
Sodium - 2ppm
Chloride - 2ppm
Sulfate - 2ppm
Bicarbonate - 0ppm

The question I have is related to magnesium and bicarbonate. In the case of both of these, they're not listed on the water.ie analysis. Does this mean that they're not present in the water, or is it more likely they just don't test for them? When it comes to brewing, are they worth worrying about?

DEMPSEY

Thats soft like nearly RO water. Are you sure about them numbers. Magnesium is usually only trace amounts in bog standard water so with all your other nunbers so low not surprising their is none listed.
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

colm89

Quote from: DEMPSEY on February 18, 2021, 03:04:58 PMThats soft like nearly RO water. Are you sure about them numbers. Magnesium is usually only trace amounts in bog standard water so with all your other nunbers so low not surprising their is none listed.

I'm not sure but it's the best I can find online  :D

The water here is definitely exceptionally soft, for the first time in my life I don't have to descale the kettle in the kitchen every week!

BeermanB)

Ring the Irish Water helpline on their website and request it