• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 10, 2024, 12:47:16 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Dry Hopping Technique ?

Started by Greg2013, July 15, 2013, 12:11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ColmR

Pellets will drop nicely. I don't think you'll need to syphon more than once. I happily dry hop with pellets with no bag. But if you're looking at bags, thc had some decent ones in recently. I got a massive 60cm x 60cm bag and the price was pretty good.

Greg2013

Thanks Colm i dont think i will bother with the bag the next time for the pellets anyway. I reckon i might still need it for the hops though unless i can think of something else in the meantime ::)
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

Eoin

Quote from: deadman1972 on July 17, 2013, 02:12:24 AM
Thanks Colm i dont think i will bother with the bag the next time for the pellets anyway. I reckon i might still need it for the hops though unless i can think of something else in the meantime ::)

Go into Guineys or a haberdasher and buy yourself a piece of swiss voile curtain material, it's cheap enough. Cut yourself a piece and away you go.

LordEoin

Tights will do fine in the meantime.

Dunkel

Eoin

Quote from: Dunkel on July 17, 2013, 12:17:28 PM
Not that I have got around to dry hopping yet, but I was thinking of using something like this
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kitchen-Diameter-Locking-Strainer-Infuser/dp/B008OUIXKC/ref=sr_1_7?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1374059608&sr=1-7&keywords=spice+ball

to contain the hop pellets.

I've seen some of the Brits using tea balls alright, it's very elaborate when you consider that a piece of curtain material will do the same job.

Dunkel

Greg2013

I actually have a tea ball ??? Must see how much hops it will hold ::)
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)