• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 10:53:53 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

August meet?

Started by admin, July 22, 2013, 03:04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

By my reckoning it's about the 17th?

delzep

17th sounds good to me 8)

Dunno if there'll be much being brewed at the mo with the heat so offerings could be thin on the ground (I have a ropey weissbier I need rid of though ;D)

Saruman (Reuben Gray)

I have a very overwarm fermented phenolic witbier. Not sure I can make the meeting but I bet you will love it Shane. At kegging time it was full of bandaid/tcp. Right up your alley  ;)
Reuben Gray

The Tale of the Ale - My blog about beer

delzep

After having a couple of these weissbiers, all attending should have a few pints first and it tastes pretty good after

imark

A ropey Weiss and a bandaid wit... It's not sounding too appealing so far.  ;)

brenmurph

lads thats clashin with kavanaghs beer course session 2.. Ill be doin padraics course and I think reuben is too?  do we have to do 17th lucan?

Saruman (Reuben Gray)

Indeed it does clash on the date but what about the time? If it's a 7:30 start it should be possible to hop on a bus to Lucan.

If it's earlier, I won't be able to make it.
Reuben Gray

brenmurph

course is 10am till 4ish  isnt it reuben?  But theres always the after party in Kavanaghs to consider :)

Tube was u plannin a day meet? did we say saturdays are days and thursdays are evenins... wat yis think? watll we do change days or change time?  If nexessary Ill bus it to lucan after the kavanaghs course but I hate buses after a loada beer! :-\

brenmurph

shane is stickin with thurs evenin more ideal because lots of people away in summer with holidays/ weekends away and parties and other outdoor events....e.g today my brew day is quiet 3 of my regulars are away and only JD is comin from HBC.  Thats summer for ya we have to expect smaller groups

Saruman (Reuben Gray)

Quote from: brenmurph on July 28, 2013, 11:57:09 AM
course is 10am till 4ish  isnt it reuben?  But theres always the after party in Kavanaghs to consider :)

Tube was u plannin a day meet? did we say saturdays are days and thursdays are evenins... what yis think? watll we do change days or change time?  If nexessary Ill bus it to lucan after the kavanaghs course but I hate buses after a loada beer! :-\

There is that.... Perhaps the Liffey Brewers meeting should take place in Kavanagh's for August? Have it after the BJCP. It'll probably be quiet anyway.
Reuben Gray

brenmurph

ill second that cos ill be in kavanaghs anyway...Ill stay in corky park in my trailer tent that nite make a weekend of it in dublin ;D  and Kellie will be up at padraics course aswell so see what other Liffeyrs think...no point if theres no one in lucan county for the meet.

wat u think of reubens idea shane?

Saruman (Reuben Gray)

Reuben Gray

delzep

A day out to the good old northside  ;D

DEMPSEY

Kind wanted to answer more than one so voted the computer one. :) Oh is this a secret ballot in which you can tell charlie haughey you voted for him ;). Well forget what I said and I voted for what you suggested :P
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

DEMPSEY

P.S I did not use Capital Letters on your man's name because he is only a little fella and does not deserve it. ;)
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us