• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 14, 2024, 12:06:28 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Malt for Galway crew:

Started by Hop Bomb, August 13, 2013, 02:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hop Bomb

Im heading to Tipp tonight to collect all the malt in the van. Get yer yeast starters going. Epic brew weekend ag teacht!

Im in Oranmore now but Il bring the malt to work with me in the van. I can meet people in town around 10am from tomorrow
but I cant go to town any later as it'll take me the guts of an hour to get back out to work. Too busy for that.
On tap: Flanders, Gose,
Fermenting: Oatmeal Brown, 200ish Fathoms,
Ageing: bretted 1890 export stout.
To brew:  2015 RIS, Kellerbier, Altbier.

eanna

Hi Tom,

I can meet you in town any morning that suits, I'm in no hurry for the malt. It was 25kgs pale and I can meet you somewhere around here-> 53.277378,-9.048519 (paste into google maps).

Thanks for picking it all up.

Kevco5

You can drop the lot at mine if it helps, I can drop off at eanna's when passing and Barry could collect whenever suits himself (assuming tomorrow morning doesn't suit him!)

barkar

Quote from: Kevco5 on August 13, 2013, 07:14:00 PM
You can drop the lot at mine if it helps, I can drop off at eanna's when passing and Barry could collect whenever suits himself (assuming tomorrow morning doesn't suit him!)

Thanks tom   top job , Kevin  is it alright if I collect tomorrow or Thursday evening, out in clifden during the day ......

eanna

Sounds like a plan Kev! Give me a text whenever you're passing. Alternatively my housemate can give me a lift out to yours one of the days. Don't put yourself out over it!

Kevco5

No problem Barry, I'll pm you my number and you can give me a text an hour our so before collecting.

Eanna it's no hassle for me to drop off at yours, I pass that way regularly!

Hop Bomb

Kev has all your malt lads. Thanks Kev! Cheers to Johnrm & Alex for the GB & distribution. Van smells lovely today.
On tap: Flanders, Gose,
Fermenting: Oatmeal Brown, 200ish Fathoms,
Ageing: bretted 1890 export stout.
To brew:  2015 RIS, Kellerbier, Altbier.

barkar

Sounds Good Kev i sent you on mail , the missus is passing that way today at some stage, she might collect if thats ok ,
Thanks again everyone involved

barkar

Got the 3 bags thanks, weighed them just to see : slightly less than 25kg in all , 22.3 , 22.2, 23.7kg, not complaining its still v cheap at that price and hard to judge measurement by eye -

Tested the new malt millas well,  set up drill thought it was s%&T until i realise i had the drill in reverse  :-[ , . roll on a brew day soon ......   :)

St. Fursey

I managed to miss this one somehow, too many group buy threads!

barkar

You will proabably get a few sneaky bags for your Lambic when brewing with the big boys !

Hey wots the name of that guy who does fire extinguisher cylinder and refills in Galway ? completely off topic but anyways ......

St. Fursey

I'll PM you. Don't want him to be  inundated with calls!