• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 28, 2024, 09:50:56 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Tog brewday 13th October

Started by Padraic, October 08, 2013, 12:10:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dunkel

I was talking with a guy last night who runs a food & drink show on Dublin City FM. I mentioned the NHC, and he was very interested both from his own point of view, and also his show. He wants to come down to a brewday to interview people, describe the brewing process, try a few beers, etc. He can't make this Sunday, but was interested in the November one. What do you reckon?

Shane Phelan

Brew Log

Rossa

Dr Jacoby

Me too, after my brewing plans were derailed by an 11 month old yeast activator pack sent to me by a clueless UK supplier.
Every little helps

Shanna

01. Padraic
02. Jules
03. Shiny
04. brian_c
05. Dunkel           Sure, I've a few bottles as well  :)
06. Shanna - will bring 4 bottles for Bjcp judging

Guys what if any recipes are being planned to be brewed?

Shanna
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

Shebeen Head Brewer

Shana. Sully here. I'm going to brew a double IPA with the brew in the bag system and use the run-off from that grain bill to brew a ginger beer between two and four percent alcohol. I also managed to buy a box of Five Lamps Liberty brown ale in that Prospur off-licence just off Westland Row because I have no homebrew to show on the day due to building going on at home.

Ash

I'm a maybe for tomorrow and unfortunately it will be later in the day if I do make.

baphomite51

hi im pretty new to the forum and brewing id be interested in popping down to have a look, should i bring my homebrew for tasting?

Dunkel

Please do! It can't be any worse than mine!  :D

Padraic

I won't be making it today! Have a great day!

brian_c

30 mins to next Dart, stupid Sunday timetables. I'm on my way in.

Shane Phelan

Had an enjoyable brew day as always. I don't think I had seen someone do BIAB style brewing before.
Thanks for the Cider Kevin, fingers crossed the other half will approve!  ;)

Thanks everyone for coming. Its starting to get chilly in TOG, bring your warm coats next month!
Brew Log

Flathead

I went along for the first time to TOG today. There seemed to be a lot of confusion about who was coming along and who was doing what on the day. There was a long delay before we eventually got started.  Organisation could have been a bit better. I got to talk to some interesting people though. Enjoyed the few beers that members brought along to share.  Interesting to see the brewing process from basic raw materials. Not sure I'd have the patience !

Shane Phelan

I wouldn't worry about it too much. It was only Sully's first or second time brewing in TOG compared to the other brewers who would have been brewing every month since the start and have an optimised their set-ups to suit.

There is normally an extract brew done on the day which is more straightforward than the all grain method which took place yesterday. There was a lot more beer for tasting than usual though, so everyone was spoiled in that regard.  :D
Brew Log

Padraic

Quote from: shiny on October 14, 2013, 01:08:41 PM
I wouldn't worry about it too much. It was only Sully's first or second time brewing in TOG compared to the other brewers who would have been brewing every month since the start and have an optimised their set-ups to suit.

There is normally an extract brew done on the day which is more straightforward than the all grain method which took place yesterday. There was a lot more beer for tasting than usual though, so everyone was spoiled in that regard.  :D

I should have organised another couple of brewers for the day, and thanks to Sully for doing the job! His first brewday in Tog I think?

I'm sorry I missed out on it as it's alway interesting to see how everyone does things just slightly differently!