• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 12:44:14 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Good pizza recipes

Started by admin, January 06, 2014, 12:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ciaran

Quote from: Eoin on March 10, 2014, 10:55:57 AM
I dunno if anyone has seen those two pizza guys on food network, but in any case they provided a workaround for the lack of a  pizza stone or the fact that your home oven will not get hot enough for pizza.

I tried this out yesterday for the first time and I was blown away.

Basically, you make your dough as usual, roll it out once proved or whatever way you do it, then put this onto a hot dry pan, and cook the base over the gas on the pan, once the dough goes in then I built the pizza on the pan, check the base until the colour looks right and then put it under a pre-heated grill.

This produced the most amazing pizza that I have ever had at home, the base was crispy and browned, the top was just perfect.

I am not going to use my pizza stone anymore, this was far superior as a method, and it was so fast that pizza will be on the menu more often.

Have this book which recommends the same method.   I've not tried it yet as I get pretty good results with my pizza stone but there's some great recipes in it as well. 
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Franco-Manca-Artisan-Pizza-Perfectly/dp/0857832174

Eoin

Try it out ciaran, it was as good a pizza as I've had outside of a proper Italian wood forno.

Sent from my HTC One

Will_D

Just tried this out with a frozen Centra Pizza

Results very encouraging!

Nice cooked base, Some nive brown/burnt bits on the base, then put it on the shelf for about 5 mines less than recommended. Flashed it  off under the grill!

Best Centra Pizza yet!

Oh BTW: Centra 5 cheese pizza €2 and did us two! Did add 20cents worth of garlic and a mushroom :)
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Eoin

I'd not thought of trying it with frozen. Good to know that it works as well.

Sent from my HTC One

Eoin

Here's one that was for the kids last night.

Sent from my HTC One

Eoin

has anyone else tried pan pizza yet?

I'm doing this at least once a week at the moment, it's so fast.

Eoin

Quote from: Tube on April 07, 2014, 01:32:30 PM
Yes, I'm a convert. Works great!

Cool, yeah I thought it was worth sharing cos it's so good.

lordstilton

Eoin.. Tried this last night... Pizza stone will be going in the bin.. Great tip.

Eoin

Quote from: lordstilton on May 15, 2014, 06:27:06 PM
Eoin.. Tried this last night... Pizza stone will be going in the bin.. Great tip.

Nice one, yeah my pizza stone is not used anymore, this is much much better in my opinion.

St. Fursey

I've been using this method for the last year and have yet to screw it up.
The Jamie Oliver Cheat pizza is handy if you want to russle up a quick pizza; it takes only slightly more time than cooking a frozen pizza:
http://pizza-recipes.wonderhowto.com/how-to/make-jamie-olivers-cheats-pizza-30-minutes-less-0129303/

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Bazza

Just used the hob/grill method for the second time tonight. Crispiest base ever, toppings perfect.  Never going back to the old oven method.

Cheers for turning the pizza world as I knew it upside down  :)

-Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

@geterbrewed

Caputo 00 pizza flour is the best I have ever tasted, we have a wood fired oven and it makes the best pizzas I would also say less is more with toppings. Quality ingredients made simple produces the best pizza
Get 'er Brewed

Join the Revolution.

www.geterbrewed.ie

RichC

@@geterbrewed where do you get the caputo00? I built a wfo too and would love to get caputo00. Its the one recommended on fornobravo

rje66

yep tried it too, just need to sort out a good starting thickness for dough, last few rose a good bit and were deffo not thin crust pizzas.
also I get a liquid on top , is this coming from the buffalo mozzerello or should i use the bock mozz?

agree less is more and go quality toppings
Wife says to me one day... "so do you love beer more than me?....
Naturally, I replied,...... making it or drinking it??😱😱
www.gardenconcepts.ie

Damien M

Quote from: Bazza on June 14, 2014, 07:10:43 PM
Just used the hob/grill method for the second time tonight. Crispiest base ever, toppings perfect.  Never going back to the old oven method.

Cheers for turning the pizza world as I knew it upside down  :)

-Barry

eh yeah... That's Calzone! !!  :D :P