• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 21, 2024, 02:15:39 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Anyone near Dungarvan willing to try my Coopers Pale Ale

Started by Kingpuck, June 10, 2014, 10:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kingpuck

I've brewed a batch of Pale ale and while it's not a complete write-off I'm hoping someone with more experience than me will try it to see where it has gone wrong. I have looked at a few blogs on the different types of off tastes but to be honest I cannot put my finger on it. I have another Coopers kit that I want to get going but don't want to make same mistakes. All help welcome.

Garry

There's a good guide to off flavors here.

As for guinea pigs in Dungarvan, I volunteer Greg2013. Take one for the team  :P

Greg2013

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

Kingpuck

Greg I'll get in touch with you next week. This week is fairly manic. Thanks for the offer. I'll pay for any subsequent medical attention required.

Greg2013

Quote from: Kingpuck on June 12, 2014, 08:33:05 AM
Greg I'll get in touch with you next week. This week is fairly manic. Thanks for the offer. I'll pay for any subsequent medical attention required.

Just leave in an envelope with the "burying money" into Kielys in fair lane  ;D
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

Padraich

My first coopers kit started out tasting off but it was lovely after 3months in bottles. How long has it been bottled? Could be that a little time will cure all.