• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 07:49:05 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Club meetup 26th August

Started by beerfly, August 16, 2014, 10:56:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beerfly

August Meetup

Date:
26th August

Start time:
7.00pm

Protocol:
All new members welcome
If you have some brews for tasting, bring along ~1 Litre of each.
To show some thanks to our hosts for allowing us to drink homebrewed beers in their pub, it is customary to buy some drinks from the house.

Cost:
Free

Organiser/Contact:
Beerfly

So who's coming?

1. Beerfly - maybe an English bitter, can bring an infected beer for the curious/crazy enough to try it

brian_c

A provisional yes from me. Small chance of something else coming up, but should be ok.

1. Beerfly - maybe an English bitter, can bring an infected beer for the curious/crazy enough to try it
2. brian_c - HBC Belgian Double mashkit that turned out more like a Blonde

Dunkel

3. Dunkel - English IPA and Irisch Rothefeweizen (wrong yeast  ??? )

molc

Is that Kavanagh's on Dorset street? I think I might be able to make this one, but I'll confirm nearer the time. Should have either an American Amber or Russian imperial stout extract that I've made.
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

phoenix

4. Phoenix (Ciaran) - An example of how not to brew an American Amber
Ciaran

Dunkel

Jaysus guys, is everybody making duff beer (as opposed to Duff beer)  ???

beerfly

Boycott

Quote from: Dunkel on August 18, 2014, 12:59:12 PM
Jaysus guys, is everybody making duff beer (as opposed to Duff beer)  ???
It does seem we going from probably the best quality beer meet up last month to the worst!

beerfly

i would not abandon all home too soon most look like style flaws so they could be very good just not what it says on the tin.  except mine  :D it's just bad.
tried my bitter and it seems ok bittering might be a tad high, will try to get it into bottles in the next day or so and see it it will carb in time

Shane Phelan

5. Shiny - Experimental Amber, Red Ale (Brewed in TOG)

...assuming I remember to bring the beers to work.
Brew Log

beerfly

how about we do a group donation for http://www.mycharity.ie/event/metalman_gra_icebucket_challenge/  on the night ;D
if anyone who cant make it wants to throw in a few euro, you can get in touch with me and we will arrange something

fyodor

5. Shiny - Experimental Amber, Red Ale (Brewed in TOG)
6. Fyodor - Oatmeal coffee stout, super roasted malt stout/porter type thing.

anyone want some clean 33cl brown bottles? my uncle had a pallet lying around gathering dust in wexford so picking them up this weekend. could drop by 100-200 during the day on tuesday depending on how many ye would like/be able to carry?
Will someone brew my BOS please?

fyodor

might not be ideal for the bar to have them sitting around though... any thoughts?
Will someone brew my BOS please?

Dunkel

I'd happily take up to 200 bottles off you - maybe we can arrange something? I also go down to Wexford regularly if that helps.

Dunkel

Quote from: beerfly on August 22, 2014, 04:56:56 PM
how about we do a group donation for http://www.mycharity.ie/event/metalman_gra_icebucket_challenge/  on the night ;D
if anyone who cant make it wants to throw in a few euro, you can get in touch with me and we will arrange something

Wet T shirts!  :) ;) :D ;D 8) :P :-* ^-^