• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 29, 2024, 02:32:32 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Club's Facebook page

Started by Endatheworld, May 15, 2015, 06:44:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pepin The Short

What about people who dont use facebook, or have no intension of using it ?
mentioning this because im part of a non brewing related club with a g+ board thingy . we were thinking ah sure everybody is on youtube these days and so have a g+ account . well seems not ,some members refuse to have anything to do with g+ . like other members avoid facebook as a time sink full of nosey people lol .

Not everybody wants or needs a facebook account . there are even some of us odd balls who dont use mobile phones  :-[
We have posted updates on g+ ,only to have members turn up with no idea whats going on . or turn up for a meet only to find out it`s been moved back a week .

My advice would be to put any info out on as many platforms as you can . it helps existing members keep updated as well as helping potential members find you  .

Otium cum dignitate

Endatheworld

Quote from: Pepin The Short on August 29, 2015, 11:57:17 PM
What about people who dont use facebook, or have no intension of using it ?
mentioning this because im part of a non brewing related club with a g+ board thingy . we were thinking ah sure everybody is on youtube these days and so have a g+ account . well seems not ,some members refuse to have anything to do with g+ . like other members avoid facebook as a time sink full of nosey people lol .

Not everybody wants or needs a facebook account . there are even some of us odd balls who dont use mobile phones  :-[
We have posted updates on g+ ,only to have members turn up with no idea whats going on . or turn up for a meet only to find out it`s been moved back a week .

My advice would be to put any info out on as many platforms as you can . it helps existing members keep updated as well as helping potential members find you  .

Its true that not everyone uses social media but I found Facebook a great way to get new members. I actually used Facebook to advertise the group and got great response back. It only cost me £10 and I was able to target my posts to a very specific demographic.

I do intend to put up some flyer's in the local Pubs(for those who are 'Offline') and hope to set-up a demo stall at next years Festival Lough Erne.

I am open to ideas. Any other ways you found successful at communication?