• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 06:20:03 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Possible new venue

Started by Dunkel, May 26, 2014, 02:32:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dunkel

I was talking with Dave Morrissey on Saturday night. He's the manager/director of Lillie's Bordello and the Porterhouse Central. Turns out he's an enthusiastic all grain homebrewer who had never heard of the NHC. So he's offered us Porterhouse Central or Porterhouse Parliament Street for meets if we want. He's also keen to come along to the Capital meets, but not this Wednesday.

Do we want to try it?

Dr Jacoby

Sounds great. Nice to have such a central option open to us. 
Every little helps

Hingo

now if he was to sweeten the deal like say ... give us draught of the day rates (€4) for their full weeks range (ie be able to get any beer from the beer of the day list for the same price)  for us on the nights, It would be a hard offer to turn down. As our meetups are generally held on a Tuesday, we'd all be sick of drinking HopHead (I thinks that's Tuesdays deal, correct me if I'm wrong, could be Wednesday)  - that's just me being a chancer though! :P

Might be worth a visit at least, both venues are quite central for everyone

ferg

Both are quite noisy and sorta cramped... central is very dark and parliament is bright but can get really hot with all the windows and the kitchen upstairs. the very top floor of parliament st. I think would be the only suitable venue.

irish_goat

Top floor Parliament St would be grand on a Tuesday. Don't think Central would be ideal at all though.

Ash

If we had an area reserved at the back end of central it might work. Without it being held for us we'd be at nothing I'd say. Both places would probably be fairly busy even on week nights though.

Worth trying for a night nonetheless.