• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 08:45:38 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Midland Brewers meetup: 7th November, Tullamore

Started by Padraich, October 02, 2015, 01:26:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Padraich

Hi guys,

A meet is organised for Sat, Nov 7th @ The Wolftrap in Tullamore (venue subject to final confirmation).

We're planning on bringing a few bottles of whatever we have at the moment; which I imagine may be Smithwicks comp heavy.  There's also a selection of craft on offer in the pub.

More info is on the Midlands Club Meet event on FB so join there if you want more info!
Cheers 

Saruman (Reuben Gray)

If I ever rack my single hop/single malt pale ale in to a corny, I'll have that. Hope I don't get autolysis.
Reuben Gray

The Tale of the Ale - My blog about beer

DarraghKS

Saruman (Reuben Gray)

Long enough for me to forget how long.... I have been an awful lazy fecker recently.
Reuben Gray

Saruman (Reuben Gray)

I kegged it yesterday before I headed in to Dublin for the rugby.
No obvious off flavours. Tasted nice enough. Will see what a little keg conditioning does for it.
Reuben Gray

LiamTutty

DarraghKS

Are you bringing the whole keg with you on the day? Or just a growler type effort?

Saruman (Reuben Gray)

Hah, can't be bringing kegs in to pubs  ;)
A growler yeah.

Natural carb in the keg, not forced.
Reuben Gray

LiamTutty

If you don't mind me asking...did you have to add a pinch of extra yeast to get some back in suspension after that long in the FV? I just kegged my amber ale. It was in the FV for about 5 weeks (same as you, just too busy to get to it). I'm trying to naturally carbonate, but I think all the yeast will have dropped out of suspension.

Saruman (Reuben Gray)

No, I just make sure to siphon out a bit of yeast while transferring.
Reuben Gray

LASERBOY147

Looks like I'll have both an Irish red and a Citra Ipa for the day . Looking forward to the meet up.  Gonna be a good chance to catch up and see what you've all been brewing . C u there