• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 19, 2024, 07:51:26 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

I want to join the midland home brew club

Started by beer novice, September 09, 2013, 09:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beer novice

Hi everyone,who is the best person to speak with about joining the group.

Will_D

You don't need to "join" a group!

These are just informal meet ups to which any one is invited. No beer needed but if you have good or bad homebrews more than welcome to bring. Just sign on to the "next meet" thread with a Hello and brief intro and then just turn up.

Simples
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

brenmurph

dont forget Kildare, we had another brewday today and about 3 others in the past week.

Wer u based in midlands...midlands big area :D.
as per other threads, midlands is quiet re numbers of members as is Kildare sometimes. But theres always a brewday on about a weekly basis so ur welcome to touch base with me as to the next one.
I dont advertise all our brewdays as that would be overload on the event page so just ask.

Our next one is Sunday coming.

Its a special brewday to produce a historic brew from 1962 that will be served at the bernard shaw using fresh hops from our hop garden.

Damofto

We haven't maanged any meetups yet I'm afraid beernovice.  What part of affaly are you in, I'm back there most weekends so if you're struggling to get started I could probably pop in and give you a hand? 

Damien M

Hi Beer novice, As said previous not joining required just join in!! Us Midlanders are a disparate group and tend to hover on the peripherys of other club/communities, but one of these days we will get a proper Midlander brew day going.

Where are you based? As said by Damofto a Start up brew day could be just the excuse we need?     

lordstilton

We managed one brew day.. Dodges one.. Which was a great Day/night

Damien M

Indeed! I stand corrected! Dodge is a masterbrewer of the Midlands and was sorry I missed that brewday!   

Damofto

Quote from: lordstilton on September 10, 2013, 11:28:21 AM
We managed one brew day.. Dodges one.. Which was a great Day/night
yes of course! unfortunately I couldn't make that either that's why I forgot.

brenmurph

I did make it and a great weekend camp it was....and wonderfull beer & food.

moral of the story.

have a brewday or get to one ;D you wont be sorry ye did.

beer novice

Hi Brenmurph, thank you for the invite,sorry cant attend the Sunday but please let me know when the next one is.The midland is a big place :D and i live just outside of Tullamore.If anyone is interested in getting a brew day up and running more often please let me know, i didn't open my brew kit yet but Damofto when i am ready if you want to help that would be great,where are you based,

Dodge

Hi beer novice.  I love brewing and usual brew every 2 weeks. We had the one get together which was great fun. I was supposed to organise another for Damun and Damofto to come over but ended up breaking my collar bone days before.

I'm just out of moate so not too far away.

If your really want some hands on experience (since I can't do it at the moment) pm me and we could organise a brew day in the coming weeks.

Dodge

Damofto

Nice idea Dodge no better way to learn than getting stuck in.

In the meantime beer novice I am based in Mullingar but I pop down to Kinnitty most weekends so will be passing through Tullamore, if you need a hand would be happy to drop in.

lordstilton

Beer novice I'm in mullingar.. If you want to drop in when I'm doing a brew let me know.. I'm all grain so you'll get a good look at process

beer novice

Lord Stilton I would love to call over to see you make beer with grain,let me know when is good.My email address is shown on my profile.
Damofto and fellow beer lovers how about arranging the club to meet up once a month or two and spend a few hours brewing etc..

lordstilton

Thats what all the other clubs do but the midlands group are fairly well spread about..I usually make it to the liffey brewers meets as I like to try other peoples beer and compare my own to it