• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 14, 2024, 11:18:47 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

South Dublin Brewers - Next Meet - Thur 30th October

Started by Bubbles, October 20, 2014, 11:36:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

Jesus, this is getting interesting... a battle of the clone beers!  :D

Rossa

I'll have a good root and see how many the bag will hold!

Bubbles

Bubbles

Bubbles

Wow, that was a terrific collection of beers tonight lads. Standout for me (and it's tough to pick just one..) was Cathal's sierra nevada pale ale clone. Who cares if it's a clone, it's just a terrific pale ale. Great toasty malt flavour and a nice layer of cascade over it. Well done lad, a masterful beer!

Shanna

Quote from: Bubbles on October 31, 2014, 12:45:21 AM
Wow, that was a terrific collection of beers tonight lads. Standout for me (and it's tough to pick just one..) was Cathal's sierra nevada pale ale clone. Who cares if it's a clone, it's just a terrific pale ale. Great toasty malt flavour and a nice layer of cascade over it. Well done lad, a masterful beer!
Yes it was a very nice beer indeed. I was at pains to understand why my own was so underwhelming. I knew it was darker, and I can even accept that it was not clear due to the shake n'vac routine while marching do the Dark Horse. What I can't understand was the complete drop off in hop character. Must go back to school me thinks :(

Shanna
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

molc

Something like that is a fun idea for a meetup or brew day. Get everyone to prepare their own version of a recipe and notes on how it was brewed, then do a taste off.
Actually, having everyone do a small batch of the exact same recipe could be even more illuminating...
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter