• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 08:53:50 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Chocolate extract

Started by MAF, September 18, 2012, 09:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAF

I've been given a bottle of this stuff as a gift. Has anyone used Choc extract?

slayerking

I've used it before alright, not that particular brand but its probably all the same or very similar.
Used it in a chocolate stout I brewed a while ago. Added it when I bottling, gives the stout a huge milk chocolate aroma, very like Porterhouse chocolate truffle stout.
Good stuff!!

slayerking

September 19, 2012, 10:53:32 PM #2 Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 10:56:04 PM by slayerking
I picked it up in a health store, they ordered it in for me. I actually havent seen it anywhere since other than online! And the health store I got it from has since closed!!
I'm pretty sure Porterhouse and Youngs use some chocolate extract in their chocolate stouts, Porterhouse for sure!

Edit: Actually, just looked at that link, I think that was the brand I used but they've updated the label to make it all modern looking. It's also 37% Alcohol which is reassuring when adding it to the bottling bucket/keg without the need to boil or anything.

Blackbrew

I would be interested in a bottle if anyone tracks down a source or even fancy's organising a group buy?

Imperial Choc stout for Christmas sounds good !!

Snuff

QuoteInteresting...

http://www.ballymaloeshop.ie/index.php/chocolate-extract-60ml.html

Yeah, I am tempted to get a bottle and see what the story is. Not paying the same again for postage though.
Primary -
Secondary -
Kegged - Red Dragon, Red Lager, HopWarOne, ThisIsntLager
Bottled -

Rossa

Snuff

QuoteIts €5 for a 60ml bottle. Delivery is FREE via NHC Express to Abbeyleix.

If anyone wants some, let me know today/tomorrow, I'll be in there on Saturday.

Alternatively try your local healthfood shop, I'm sure this not exclusive to the shop in Dungarvan.

I would like one as well please.
What do you want me to do about the money? I could give the fiver to Shane when I collect the bottle off him or paypal it to you or something.
Primary -
Secondary -
Bottled -

Snuff

What do you want me to do about the money? I could give the fiver to Shane when I collect the bottle off him or paypal it to you or something.
Stewart, I'll cover it for you and you can pay me when you collect.

Thanks, you are a gentleman.
Primary -
Secondary -
Bottled -