• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 23, 2024, 07:07:34 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Grain Buy.

Started by rebel, October 08, 2016, 09:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnrm

Can we just rock up and be ticked off a list?
I'll be visiting collect for our East Cork Brethren.

Sent from my Samsung Note Sev... Fire! Fire!

johnrm

Was speaking to Chris in MCI quite some time ago about a tour of the maltings.
We should rekindle this and get a group together.
I'll start a thread.

mr hoppy

Quote from: rebel on October 27, 2016, 11:00:16 PM
thanks all paid. If you want malt straight away please post.

Need to pick up next Friday if possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rebel

Vouchers will be done by tonight please e-mail me on brianpwilson@eircom.net ,if you want voucher via e-mail. Ring chris with order on tuesday latest.

Leann ull

Quote from: johnrm on October 29, 2016, 09:57:13 AM
Was speaking to Chris in MCI quite some time ago about a tour of the maltings.
We should rekindle this and get a group together.
I'll start a thread.

He did offer a tour the Friday morning during the beer festival to us but most are at work.
For anyone never been around a maltings MCI is pretty amazing and not to be missed especially from Chris who is really passionate about it.

rebel

please send e mails for vouchers.

rebel

missing a couple e-mail address to finish buy.

mr hoppy

Picked mine up today.

Phwoar... the smell of crushed malt was glorious, my stuff was bagged day before yesterday and Pat in the bagging shed printed off the batch specific spec sheets, no problems, when I asked - couldn't ask for more really.

Very happy, and looking forward to getting some brews on, thanks rebel and Peter in the Lee Valley Brewing Club!

rebel

when you collect your malt could everybody  email me so I can  keep track of the amount that has been taken and amount left.

rebel

Please take grain  as quickly as possible, only 6 bags out of 43 collected so far.  I want to make sure the maltings will allow the group to buy again.

johnrm

I thought we had all year.
'...as needed by the bag'.
I'll have to throw out the Santa presents to make space. :(

rebel

don't shoot the messenger

LordEoin

Just to clarify,
Quote from: Rebel4) You can draw bags one by one or all in one go with in 12 months.
is now "Take them all in one go as soon as possible", right?

rebel

Lord Eoin please don't be smart, I keep in contact with Maltings and if I dont do what I am told even if that moves there will be no group buy again unless we all play ball.

krockett

Not being smart but I simply dont have room for the grain I've paid for as I couldnt leave it in the shed  - have rats out there. I'd get divorced if I brought them all into the house.

They've been paid upfront well in advance for the bags so I would have thought this is still a good deal for them. Are they saying that they now wont hold them for us?