• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 06, 2024, 03:07:04 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

South Dublin Brewers - March Meet - Thursday 27th March

Started by Bubbles, February 25, 2014, 08:02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

The "South Dublin Brewers" will be conducting their next tasting meet on Thursday 27th in the Dark Horse, Blackrock. Details below...

Date
Thursday 27th March

Time
8pm

Protocol

- You don't have to have any beer to bring in order to participate! Inexperienced brewers are more than welcome. Even if you're only thinking about brewing your own, come along  our friendly crowd will answer any questions you might have.

- If you have some brews for tasting, please bring along 500ml of each.

- To show some thanks to our hosts for allowing us to drink home-brewed beers in their pub, it is customary to buy some drinks from the house. The Dark Horse boasts an extensive range of craft beers and also has an excellent off-license.

- Please sign-up below if you'd like to attend - that way you will be notified of any cancellations or other changes.

Cost
Free

Organiser/Contact
Bubbles
Shanna

Bubbles

01. Bubbles - Imperial Amber Ale, Galway Hooker Clone

Shanna

Quote from: Bubbles on February 25, 2014, 08:03:16 PM
02. Sasanach IPA (beoir uimhir a trí), SD RIS Barrel Sample and control
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

Bubbles

Brewtus, any chance you'd bring along a bottle of your medal-winning alt? I know you brought it last month aswell..

I'm planning on bringing a bottle of my medal-winning American IPA again.

This meet is a few days after the Cork finals, so fingers crossed we might have another medal-winner or two!!   :-\ 8)

CH, any chance of you making this one?? Would love to taste those medal-winning ciders of yours?

Shanna

Given that there are so many medal winners how about bringing us some to sample at home :)

Shanna
Hops Group buy packer

Bubbles

Quote from: Shanna on March 07, 2014, 08:35:07 PM
Given that there are so many medal winners how about bringing us some to sample at home :)

Shanna

What, are ya feckin nuts??? Do you know how many cats had to croak it in order to make that beer of mine???  ;) :D :D

DEMPSEY

Adds new meaning to the comment "jasus man that's cat" :D
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Shanna

Hops Group buy packer

Ciderhead

Sorry Bubbles last week end I became another year older meet in Bray Thursday and 2 nights in Cork at w/e, you will find my liver floating in a specimen jar in Trinity next week.

I will get you your bottle carbed before then I need to get my FG's back off you as well.

Shane Phelan

03. Shiny - Porter or IPA, conical
Brew Log

cno1

04. Cno1 - IPA

beerfly

i'll be out but empty handed  :'(

04. Cno1 - IPA
05. Beerfly

James

Hello Everyone,

Would it be alright for a newbie to come? I don't have anything brewed just yet, just moved here in fact and haven't gotten the kit out of the boxes.

James

brenmurph

Quote from original post " - You don't have to have any beer to bring in order to participate! Inexperienced brewers are more than welcome. Even if you're only thinking about brewing your own, come along  our friendly crowd will answer any questions you might have."

If u feel guilty go to the offy and buy a nice unusual beer to bring and taste, but u dont have to ;)  Just go to the meet and enjoy the process :)
Also you could buy a couple of beers in the offy in standard bottles, de-lable them and challenge the attendees to try figure the type and  brand of beer. Thatll add to the entertainment on the day :) Even better buy a cheap one and a more expensive one and see how they rate them

James

HAHAHA...I have a few things but nothing too interesting. I'll bring my last homebrew from the states and see how it aged