• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 23, 2024, 10:06:30 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Geterbrewed Scotch Ale Extract Kit No Instructions.

Started by Greg2013, January 28, 2017, 12:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg2013

Ordered Wednesday and arrived yesterday,speedy service for sure :D However i have one complaint,there are no instructions whatsoever with this kit,"it's on the website" not much good to me on brewday when i have intermittent or poor internet service and no access to a printer anyway,realistically though who doesn't include full instructions with a kit :(
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

Greg2013

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

Greg2013

Not brewing this yet but i weighed the little wee bag of speciality grains and the cute little fella came to 90grms :( Also the hop pack just says 60mins,no indication of what hops are being used,i would presume it's something like ekg or fuggles but it would still have been nice to have it properly identified. Gervin gv12 ale yeast,which while not top line is fine and one i have used before,from memory a very slow starter with long lag time though. ;D

All that aside since i only have 90grms grain to steep how much water do i use,what temp,and for how long etc ? ;D

Greg2013

Greg2013

Some of you may remember before Christmas  i put up a post with a frankenbrew grist bill and asked what i could brew from that.Well as things turned out i was not able to use it as planned,but it was kept in an airtight container.  ;D

When i did my Wee Heavy extract kit the other day it only came with a wee 90gr bag of what looked like roasted barley,so me being me i couldn't leave it so.  :o

I took 1kg of my frankenbrew grist and added it to the 90gr roasted barley and did my mini mash with that.Below is the beersmith brew data taking into account correct % of each grain from the frankengrist,since i had a total weight and a % for each i know how much of each i have in any given weight of the frankengrist  ;D