• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 29, 2024, 03:43:22 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

BrewCon 2016 Tickets Launched

Started by irish_goat, February 23, 2016, 12:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irish_goat

February 23, 2016, 12:06:12 PM Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 10:05:30 AM by pob

Quick announcement to let all NHC members know that tickets for BrewCon 2016 being held on Saturday 23rd April are now on sale!

This year's theme "Pushing the Boundaries" will focus on furthering your education and teaching you how to turn your good beers, into great beers!

Gordon Strong, President of the BJCP is this years BrewCon 2016's keynote speaker. Also speaking, Chip Walton of Summit Brewing, former videographer/editor/producer of Brewing TV and presenter of Chop & Brew, a blog and web show about unorthodox ingredients and fermentations.

Great presentations from our own members, all aimed at how to improve your brewing knowledge and make better beer.

Early access to the event at a special launch price of €50 (a saving of €10 on the full price), when the tickets go on sale this morning.

Like the National Brewing Championships we are expecting high demand and once we have hit capacity that will unfortunately be it as the venue has a strict maximum attendance.

We'll have the usual goody bag stuffed with loads of goodies (worth as much as the ticket alone), food and drink at the main break and entry to the beer tasting session in the food hall after the last talk where you will have the opportunity to have one on one discussions with any of the speakers. I'm particularly excited about this as we have lined up some great beers this year to serve up!

There has been a unique link sent via email to all members to enable you to avail of the discount. If you haven't received the email please drop me a PM.

Pheeel

Issues with your membership? PM me!

Leann ull

Folks these are selling at 1 a minute at the moment to the email invitations we only have 160 spots and 15 are gone.

molc

Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

Leann ull

20 Tickets Sold, TY to those that purchased already.

Simon_

I registered previously. Should I have gotten a mail?

robotmonkey

Leann ull

February 23, 2016, 12:58:32 PM #7 Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 02:14:15 PM by CH
Quote from: Simon_ on February 23, 2016, 12:44:31 PM
I registered previously. Should I have gotten a mail?

An email has been sent to the email address associated with your paypal account.
Please also check your spam folder.

PM urgently Partridge, Irish Goat or Hingo if its not there! 

Bubbles

Ticket purchased at 12:03. Yes, I'm a little bit keen...  :-[ :-\

molc

Quote from: Bubbles on February 23, 2016, 01:11:23 PM
12:02. Slowass :P
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

Leann ull

February 23, 2016, 02:17:22 PM #10 Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 02:31:53 PM by CH

These tickets aren't transferrable, DNA profiles will be checked at the door, if you have bought a ticket and for whatever reason can't go please return it for a refund and we will make sure it goes to an NHC full member on the waiting list first.

Bubbles

Quote from: molc on February 23, 2016, 02:08:21 PM
Quote from: Bubbles on February 23, 2016, 01:11:23 PM
12:02. Slowass :P

Alright there, Action Man!!  ;D

armedcor

Is there any kind of time table to this yet? I want to see if I can fit it in before I work that evening. Few pints beforehand... Be grand.

pob

Quote from: armedcor on February 23, 2016, 07:09:53 PM
Is there any kind of time table to this yet? I want to see if I can fit it in before I work that evening. Few pints beforehand... Be grand.

Very rough guidelines, similar to last year:

Talks from approx. 10am to ~6/7pm-ish

ronniedeb

Im relatively new to brewing (9 months allgrain). Hard to answer, I know, but would most of the talks at this event be aimed at the more experienced brewer?