• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 20, 2024, 11:42:27 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

South Dublin Brewers - Next Meet - Thur 28th May

Started by Bubbles, May 06, 2015, 01:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronnieb

1. Bubbles - American Amber, California Common
2. Molc - Belgian strong golden ale, if it's ready, extract tripel from last summer
3. Shanna - Weissbier, 2014 Group buy cider & 2013 Russian imperial porter recently bottled
4. Lurchalicious - Blonde Ale
5. JohnC - Americal Brown Ale
6. Brewtus - Irish Red and ESB
7. David - Irish stout and barley wine
8. RonnieB - a dodgy Amarillo SMaSH

Bubbles

Great meet lads. I feel like my head has been dry-hopped! :)

Ronnie won the bag of malt - happily, his SMaSH ale was deemed to be far from "dodgy". But the most striking beer of the evening has to be the "Tactical Nuclear Dave".. Even with a high gravity yeast, this thing finished at 1.060. Definitely a sipper!  ;D

molc

Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

Shanna

Quote from: Bubbles on May 29, 2015, 10:17:40 AM
Great meet lads. I feel like my head has been dry-hopped! :)

Ronnie won the bag of malt - happily, his SMaSH ale was deemed to be far from "dodgy". But the most striking beer of the evening has to be the "Tactical Nuclear Dave".. Even with a high gravity yeast, this thing finished at 1.060. Definitely a sipper!  ;D
Jesus I can still taste that beer despite the handful full of crackers I wolfed down :). Great feedback from everybody last night & was nice to see Ronan come out to visit. His brown ale from the competition was very nice & gave me yet another new beer reference point 're style.

Not to blow the SD trumpet but the barrel aged stout really is developing in to a wonderful beer. I still think there is a massive bang of whiskey off it but its definitely changed iover the last 12 months. I suspect when it's fully carbed that it will be a wonderful beer to store for the future.

Almost forgot but wanted to say thanks to both Conor & Ronan for bringing the hops, malt & yeast vials along & to Rossa who supplied them in the first place.

Shanna
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

ronnieb

May 29, 2015, 06:37:09 PM #19 Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 07:15:50 PM by ronnieb
Very enjoyable evening as always.  I'm glad the Amarillo smash went down ok.
Thanks to Rossa for sending the Hops, Malt and other associated treats and for Conor and Ronan for transporting etc
I will need to put the malt to use soon to have it ready for the next meet! I may need to take you up on that offer of crushing it Shanna!

Shanna

Quote from: ronnieb on May 29, 2015, 06:37:09 PM
Very enjoyable evening as always.  I'm glad the Amarillo smash went down ok.
Thanks to Rossa for sending the Hops, Malt and other associated treats and for Conor and Ronan for transporting etc
I will need to put the malt to use soon to have it ready for the next meet! I may need to take you up on that offer of crushing it Shanna!
No worries you know where I am just give a call or PM me & we can do it pretty quickly.

Shanna
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member