• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 10:25:06 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

BrewCon 2019, 5th October 2019 - launch

Started by Kellie, June 13, 2019, 10:04:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kellie

June 13, 2019, 10:04:56 AM Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 12:21:28 PM by pob
The original BrewCon is back for the fifth time on Sat, 5th October 2019!

Since our inaugural event in 2015, we have brought you; the fundamental ingredients of brewing, pushing the boundaries on what you can achieve in a glass of beer and broadening your brewing skills to achieve even more in improving your brewing ability.

For our 5th event, we've decided to do something different. This year we are Raiding the Rascals.

Yes, that's right, we'll be taking over Rascals for the day at Rascals' HQ; hosting a more dynamic open plan event in a live & kicking brewery. Not only that, we have a fantastic line-up of speakers from these various backgrounds:

• Ron Pattinson – Historical Beer Researcher
  • Marshall Schott – Brülosopher
  • Philip Woodnutt – Wicklow Hop Company
  • Mini Talk sessions with Richard Silberry, Christina Wade, Sarah Pantry, Tom Coughlin, Dave Leitch, Andrew Moore, James Keane
  • Featuring the return of the Bag 'o' Cans on the couch & introducing the Rascals Pizza Oven

With the change to the format, you'll have a choice of talks as part of the afternoon's Mini Talk breakout sessions. Choose from a range of niche talks on equipment setup, sensory analysis & judging beers and a look back at older styles & the history of beer.

Club Night makes it's return, with exclusive access for BrewCon attendees this year showcasing the best brews from clubs across the country.  Alongside a selection of commercial craft beers, we will have local clubs from all over the island pouring corny kegs of their own brews. We will have some great beers pouring and we encourage lots of inter-club mingling with a little bit of friendly rivalry too, as they show off their skills.

General tickets for
BrewCon will go on sale on Wed 19th June at €60 for the day.

As we are limited to only 100 this year, NHC Members are getting a head start on purchasing tickets - not a member, join here now.

Cheers & hope to see you there,

Kellie

#BrewCon2019

P.S. Remember to fill out the Google Form when you get your ticket confirmation email from Eventbrite to book your Mini Talk times (we need these to be able to schedule the day to make it run smoothly)

Last Edit: Today at 10:08:58 AM
+ Attachments and other options
shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview

fishjam45 (Colin)

Take my money  :)

Excellent, can't wait for it
Garden County Brewers

https://gcbrewers.wordpress.com/

pob

Update: Due to work commitments, Sarah Pantry is unable to speak at this year's BrewCon conference.

We hope to see her over here next time.

Another reminder to fill out the Google Form when you get your ticket confirmation email from Eventbrite to book your Mini Talk times - thanks to those that have, if you haven't can you please, we need your feedback to arrange timings on the day.

Thanks, Peter

#BrewCon2019

JDC

Cheers POB,

For anyone who has already filled in the Google Form with Sarah as one their options (as I did), do we need to update our choices, and if so, how?  If I click on the form again, it say's that I have already responded.

Thanks in advance,

JDC
Garden County Brewers

Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!

pob

I've allowed you to edit it now. So anyone who needs to change it can go back in.

JDC

Thanks POB, that worked perfectly and I have resubmitted the form.
Garden County Brewers

Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!

Will_D

Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

pob

Boycott

I bought 3 tickets so how do I fill out the form for the other two attendees?

pob

Quote from: Boycott on August 02, 2019, 09:19:56 AM
I bought 3 tickets so how do I fill out the form for the other two attendees?

Just PM'd you

Slev

What time do the talks/events kick off on Saturday?

pob

Registration at 9:30, talks starting at 10:00

Palealeman

Are there any tickets still available or has anyone got a spare one?

Will_D

There were a few in the "For Sale section"
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

johnrm

Its been so long since I registered I can;t remember what sessions I'm booked for.
Where would I find this?