• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 11, 2024, 04:51:26 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Shaken NOT Stirred Mr Bond

Started by Partridge9, February 13, 2013, 10:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Partridge9

I never really know if I should shake my bottles when I'm priming them, I wonder am I introducing oxygen, am I making them less clear, or am I improving carbonation ??

Soooo

I have recently brewed a batch and I have shaken some and not others - and labelled them up...

will there be a difference ?? Find out at the next meet in March !

Will_D

Meester Bond,

Some more explanatos pleeeese?

You prome the beetles with shigger, add the beoir, I assume you put the little condoms on the tips ( sorry my translator siftware is playing down ). it should say "you put the little caps on the tops" and then you squeeze your handle", bigger - there it goes again, " You press the cap on with you level bittle cupper"

For CS sake me nids a new trinslator pickage!!

If you the shalke the bottle no problemo. In Mexico we shake out bittle a lit!

Excuse poss pur anglish bit i'm nit from these parts
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Ciderhead

Mr Bond resident chemist will inform you when remaining yeast farts from batch priming, Co2 heavier than air by 1.5 times and co2 that hasn't been absorbed it will form a cushion or barrier on your liquid surface
Harlem shake( 2nd mention tonight, I am so down with the kids ;D) is unnecessary and will probably introduce air into your beer, one gentle turn of the bottle got my coopers drops dissolved.
Refrain from the male pubescent hand activity, you will go blind ;)

Partridge9

Christ on a bike

I may have had a couple of beverages -

but what is the suffering jesbus ws that !

Simply put -

Does all the oxygen get sucked up in priming - does it make a blind bit of difference to shake the bottle ??

I don know - but there is only one way to find out

Do you expect me to talk ???

No - I expect you to DIE Mr Bond !

Partridge9