• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 07:25:17 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Limerick Brewers Meetup!!

Started by Keg, November 18, 2015, 02:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brettdundee

1. Bavarian girl
2. Keg
3. Eoink
4.CH
5. Tipp brewer
6. brettdundee

Marek2200

Can we bring few bottles of our beer or it is better to ask bartender before? I will try to come.

BavarianGal

Chris knew the bartender there and we had bought a few beers in there as well. He had asked for a few glasses that we could sample our own beers. As long as it is quiet enough and you keep there business going as well, I think that should be fine. But yes, please bring a few samples of your beers :)

brettdundee

I brought in a keg of home brew for afters of a brewing demo at the Blind Pig last year - that was probably pushing it a little 8). But I still downed more of the lovely craft beers on offer, than my own.  If you have several bottles, we sometimes do swappsies - swap two bottles of yours for two bottles of someone else's and take them away.

Marek2200

So at what time are you going to be in Blind Pig?

Keg

Myself and BavarianGal will be there around 7pm and will bring a few beers!

tipp brewer

I ll aim to be there around 7 or 7 30. Had a day off today so did a bit of brewing, just to wet the appetite. See you all there.

Leann ull

Will I need waders?

Has somebody oked it with BP can we bring a bottle or 2 if we drink loads of their beer?

brettdundee

Cool pic. If water was photoshop to the colour of an Irish red ale we'd have the makings of a beer commercial !
Last time I checked, BP had an upstairs cocktail bar so we could move up there if the Limerick CBD floods. There would surely be coast guard boats to rescue us from the roof should we need it. They don't mind bringing a few sample bottles to the home brew nights. There is a mutual respect and considerable overlap between the home brewing and craft beer communities.

beernut

Hi all,

Should be there at 8 ish. Looking forward to meeting you all.

I have a coconut milk stout that's ready to drink so will bring some of that along.

Marek2200

Coconut milk stout - sounds good :) I will try to be around 8. I have got dry stout and German dark wheat beer. Maybe few bottles of double AIPA are still in my shed. I must check it.

Leann ull

Will be there just after 7 bringing a cider.. oh yeah it's a 9.5 percenter aged in a bushmills barrel for 12 months

brettdundee

Speaking of overlap between the home brewing and craft beer communities. It looks like we will be honoured with the presence of "The Beernut" - founder of Beoir.org ? It will be great to hear what the brewers are up to in the big smoke (Dublin) these days.

I should be there about 7:30 with my usual Gnarley Nettle ale, and a few kits I'm fairly ashamed of.

Keg

I'm looking forward to this. I'll have some Belfast Brown Ale, an APA, a Kolsch that didn't really work out...and maybe some others.

Leann ull

Quote from: brettdundee on December 10, 2015, 04:14:37 PM
Speaking of overlap between the home brewing and craft beer communities. It looks like we will be honoured with the presence of "The Beernut" - founder of Beoir.org ? It will be great to hear what the brewers are up to in the big smoke (Dublin) these days.

I should be there about 7:30 with my usual Gnarley Nettle ale, and a few kits I'm fairly ashamed of.

Thats Beernut V2.0 a different guy I'm sure :)