• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 12:05:36 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Looking for apple juice for cider.

Started by Marek2200, April 09, 2016, 04:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marek2200

Hi there,

I wonder if you have ever made cider from real apple juice? I am going to make cider but I have no idea from where can I get good quality apple juice suitable for making it. Do you know any local farm or orchard where I can buy apple juice (co. Limerick, Tipperary, Clare)?

thanx in advance

Beermonger

Fresh apple juice is seasonal! It won't have survived until this time of year without, e.g., pasteurization. There's usually a group buy in autumn of each year. It's well worth getting some. Last year it was about 32 euro with delivery per 25 l drum. I think you need to be a full member to participate.
Planning: DIPA, Kweik PA, Calibration Pale Ale
Putrifying: nothing
Pouring: Lovely Saison, Czech Lager, 1804 Porter
Past: Cashmere PA

irish_goat

Quote from: Beermonger on April 09, 2016, 04:36:20 PM
There's usually a group buy in autumn of each year. It's well worth getting some. Last year it was about 32 euro with delivery per 25 l drum. I think you need to be a full member to participate.

Best way to do it! The thread is here if you want to read up on it, Marek. http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.ie/forum/index.php/topic,10796.0.html

Will_D

Why not cut your "cider teeth" on a Turbo Cider?

This uses Lidl apple juice at €1 a litre.

It will help show you how to make a drinkable cider in time for this summer!

Just search the forum for Turbo Cider!

Last year Get'er'Brewed had some pasteurised fresh juice available, or you might be able to find fresh, frozen.
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Leann ull

Con Traas in the apple farm Tipp is the closest to you, the NHC bought 3,000l last year, later in year is best time to buy because juice is fresh.

Marek2200

Thanks guys.

So the only time for buying fresh juice is autumn?

Marek2200

@CH

I have found Con Trass during my interent searching. Thanks. If I understand you well, you are buying juice as a community not as an individual? How can I became full member?

Leann ull

top right of your screen

Have a look in the members area once you have joined up and you can see pricing and how apple juide group buy was organised etc.

Still approach him, it just wont be as fresh, he may have some available

beernut

Traas' make their own cider as well and it's really good. It well worth calling in there during the summer or autumn if passing.

Leann ull

They have apples all year round stored under nitro, quality product not cheap but quality does cost