• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 02:41:32 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

long time no see

Started by tipp brewer, June 20, 2016, 06:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tipp brewer

Hi everyone,
Long time since we had a meet up, December in fact, anybody up for picking a date.
Are we going to stick with Thursdays, I m glad I was off the day after the last meet as was dying the next day so not sure how those of you who had to work managed. If we re going to have a few turn up, maybe we should cap the samples say 2 bottles each? And whatever you want for swaps, what ye think. anyway I ll get the ball rolling with a suggested date, how about Thursday the 7th July or Friday the 8 th. I think Fridays didn't suit someone previously but maybe that's not still the case? We did also talk about moving it around a bit as everyone coming from same side of town. Any thoughts on this?

Leann ull

If you build it they will come!
1 CH I have feckin loads of beers I've done for parties I need to "test" on a group and will bring 15 month barrel aged cider as well

Keg

Hey Tipp Brewer, it's been too long!  Myself and BavarianGal would be interested in a meet up but can't make those dates -  we could do Wednesday 6th though. We have a Munich Helles and a cider from the group buy for sampling.

We'll need to find a new venue anyway now that the Blind Pig is closed. I'd suggest the Hurlers in Castletroy but I'm never in there so I don't know if it's a runner. Some other lads are based around the area and might have a suggestion. I think out near Annacotty was a good mid point for most of us.

Marek2200

There is also O'Connell's pub. More space and few more tap beers than in Hurlers. I've got 7 months strong old ale in my shed. Can have problem to come (new delivery after 9 months:) but I will try.

tipp brewer

Congratulations marek, sounds like the strong ale might come in useful for a bit of sleep. I can t do Wednesdays for a while would the following Thursday or Friday suit people that s the 14th or 15th I guess. Didn't know the blind pig closed, is it closed for good or a refurb or something.

Keg

Could do the 15th.  The Blind Pig is closed for good from what I've heard. There was talk that GBB would be moving in there or somewhere nearby but nothing has happened yet.  I'd be happy to go anywhere, but I don't really have a regular local and reckon it'll be easier to do somewhere one of us is known to the bar.

beernut

Hi all,

I can do the Thursday night of that week but not the Friday. As for venue I'm in O'connells from time to time not a regular by any means but they would know my face.

Word on Gbb is that they are opening in o'donnell's on wickham street. How true that is who knows.

tipp brewer

This isn't going very well is it. Keg, can ye do the 14th that's the Thursday. I m no help on the local pub issue, I could defo pop into pub here in Ballina and run it by them, can't imagine it would be an issue but that mightn't suit ye limerick brewers unless ye meet up and share a taxi. I don't mind travelling once I can get taxi home. Maybe we could start with agreeing a date.
So will we start with 14th July venue to be confirmed

1. Tipp brewer

Keg

It's not easy ha ha! I'll be out of the country that date but ye might as well go ahead if ye can get a few heads.  Maybe we should message Brett Dundee and Chris.  I've sent a message to another local brewer we met at Brewcon.

tipp brewer

Well, why not push it back a week, change the date to 21st, does that work. Looks like we LL need everyone we can get.

Brew meet up 21st july
1 Tipp brewer

Keg

Brew meet up 21st July
1. Tipp Brewer
2. Keg
3. BavarianGal

Leann ull

Brew meet up 21st July
1. Tipp Brewer
2. Keg
3. BavarianGal
4. CH(Provisional will know next week)

evansannagh

Brew meet up 21st July
1. Tipp Brewer
2. Keg
3. BavarianGal
5. Evansannagh

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

beernut

Brew meet up 21st July
1. Tipp Brewer
2. Keg
3. BavarianGal
5. Evansannagh
6. Beernut

tipp brewer

Numbers improved a bit, we do need a venue, anyone any suggestions.