• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 08:55:16 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Limerick Live 95

Started by Keg, August 29, 2016, 10:21:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keg

Live 95 are looking for someone to come on air for 5-10 minutes to talk about homebrewing, probably between 11am-12pm this week.  Would any of you be interested?   

They said ideally they are looking for 2 people, I'd be happy to help if nobody is interested, but there's a few more experienced brewers here that may be better for this.
Keith

brettdundee

Great opportunity. Go for it. I'd say some enthusiastic young ones describing the wonders of single that organism yeast that multiplies millions of times, eats sugars, farts CO2 and pisses alcohol. What about yourself, Beernut and BavarianGal ?

DEMPSEY

Also mention that its good for relationships too. Met a young couple at the shindig in the park a few years ago and he was all enthusiastic but she looked bored and played with her finger nails. When he went for a leak I mentioned to her how lucky it was he into this hobby now as he will not have time to look at other women,when he came back she changed her tune and said she would buy him some homebrew kit,his eye's welled up and he almost said out loud "I think I luv you". :D
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

brettdundee

Dempsey - you're quite a matchmaker. Have you ever thought of doing a few brew demos in lisdoonvarna ?

DEMPSEY

No but I did chase wimmen there,thankgod I didn't catch them :D
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Keg

Ha ha -  maybe I should see if they can fit a Homebrewing piece into the 'Love Hour'  in the evenings 😂
I'm going to do it tomorrow, should be a brief chat about homebrewing and how people can get involved in their local club/NHC. Barbara isn't available and I haven't heard from Beernut, he may have his hands full with a new arrival!

brettdundee

Be sure and publish the time so we can listen in

beernut

Quote from: Keg on August 31, 2016, 11:21:24 AM
Ha ha -  maybe I should see if they can fit a Homebrewing piece into the 'Love Hour'  in the evenings 😂
I'm going to do it tomorrow, should be a brief chat about homebrewing and how people can get involved in their local club/NHC. Barbara isn't available and I haven't heard from Beernut, he may have his hands full with a new arrival!

Ya I've a lot on my plate at the moment! I wouldn't have time to do this unfortunately so best of luck with it keg. 

It's a great bit of pr for us, It would be great if we could recruit a few new members from it. Let us know how it goes!

tipp brewer

Fair play keg, enjoy the experience. Can you get it on a podcast I wonder. Maybe we could start a homebrew show on 95fm. We could call it the 'homebrew hour love'. Best of luck

Keg

Cheers lads, they said around 11:25am so we'll see how it goes.

brettdundee

Well done Keg. It sounded great. Should be a lot of beer connoisseurs getting home brew kits for Xmas this year !

Keg

Quote from: brettdundee on September 01, 2016, 11:49:38 AM
Well done Keg. It sounded great. Should be a lot of beer connoisseurs getting home brew kits for Xmas this year !

Cheers Brett, I was happy with it ... hopefully a few more brewers appear on the scene after Xmas!

evansannagh

Well done Keith hopefully some more Limerick brewers out if it.😉

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Leann ull

Have yez a link to a recording lads?

beernut

Managed to tune in this morning; fair play Keith it sounded great. If you were nervous you didn't show it!

Had a look on their website for a link to a podcast but didn't see any.