• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 02:15:52 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

apple juice

Started by tipp brewer, November 10, 2016, 08:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tipp brewer

Hi guys,
Not sure who else is in the apple juice buy, but wondering about a drop point, it looks like it might be during working hours which may prove difficult, if its outside of working hours I don't mind acting as a drop point but I m in Ballina so not sure how that suits, the other possibility is that we nominate a location and all meet there. What ye think

evansannagh

If it is on Tuesday the delivery i am working till 12 so i think CH will be after that so I could take the delivery and you can pick it up from me.??

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Keg

Quote from: evansannagh on November 11, 2016, 04:17:54 AM
If it is on Tuesday the delivery i am working till 12 so i think CH will be after that so I could take the delivery and you can pick it up from me.??

So long as it suits CH that would be great

Leann ull

That would be great folks, can you ping me your contact details and address.
Cheers
John

evansannagh

Ok guys will pick up the juice on Tuesday am also off Thursday so can do that one as well if it helps. Just let me know when you will be collecting. Cheers

Leann ull

tipp brewer

Fair play thanks very much.

beernut

fair play for volunteering; can you pm me your address please so I can collect on Thursday.

Thanks again.

evansannagh

No problem any ideas on how we sort out the Balanced problem am quite happy just to go with the 20ltrs as never done before so less chance in fucking it up 😋

Sent from my Bush Spira B2 8 tablet using Tapatalk

Keg

I'm also happy to go with 20L. If nobody wants to take the balance, I'll bring a 5L water bottle with me and fill that up.

tipp brewer

Also happy with 20 litres, as your the drop point Evans maybe you should get the extra bit. I wonder if you would mind messaging me your address. Thanks again

evansannagh

Hi Gents I have acquired the first batch of Apple Juice we have 4 Drums between 3 of us. I appreciate the offer of the extra but would rather give it to a more experienced brewer as never done the AJ before ( but would love a few bottles of the finished article next year). You can either pick it up today or tomorrow of wait till Thursday for both batches. John thinks there is about 22/23 litres per drum.

Keg

So we're not really down that much at all then if it's 22/23L.  I've got extra yeast as a back up (I bought 4 yeast packets between 2 drums) - so I'm happy to give one of ye a yeast packet if ye want to give it a go... Alternatively I'm happy to look after it and divide it out at a meet next year when it's done.

evansannagh

Happy to do that Keith, Till brewer (Leo) is the other one but he doesn't have access to the forum during the day. What yeast are you using??

tipp brewer

Thanks Dave for being the drop point. I m happy with whatever ye decide in relation to extra drum. I almost knocked myself out with Camden tablets dissolving them in hot water gives off a few fumes. I took 5 litres out for a go with wild yeast. We LL see how that goes. Pretty tasty juice in fairness.