• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 04:52:23 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

UK National Homebrew Competition

Started by alikocho, July 23, 2014, 10:20:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sub82

Yeah entered a robust porter, an American rye and an English bitter. Would love to be going, Bristol is an amazing city, but other commitments!

What about yourself?

brenmurph

Ye i entered 5 of our best but been planning this for months.  Kolsh, best bitter, scottish shilling, weiss and schwartzbier. Hoping for a result but we believe competition is fierce. Judging as well on de saturday and a night on de town followed by a sunday touring bristol

Hop Bomb

Ive a Citra APA entered. Both kegs are dry here so hoping it scores as well as it drinks. Best of luck to all the NHC entries!
On tap: Flanders, Gose,
Fermenting: Oatmeal Brown, 200ish Fathoms,
Ageing: bretted 1890 export stout.
To brew:  2015 RIS, Kellerbier, Altbier.

sub82

beerfly

Tom

Nice one Bren & Kellie! You're on FIRE!

Partridge9

Simply spectacular !
A great flag to plant for Irish brewing across the water - I'm sure it will raise a few eyebrows!

CARA

For those not on Twatter, Bren got GOLD in Kolsh and Weissbier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Upa Sesh

CARA

SORRY didnt see the hyperlinkies there

Is Graham Coates allowed to enter?!?!?!?!
Upa Sesh

DEMPSEY

Well done Kellie and your assistant Brendan ;D
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Will_D

Well done the pair of yeez!

Two more golds to add to the collection!
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

brenmurph

September 14, 2014, 10:05:03 AM #26 Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 10:39:42 AM by brenmurph
Thanks folks. As ye know we do work very hard. Does not always work out in case anyone thinks everything we enter does well, it dosnt  Our fantastic scwartsbier scored 16  not sure how but we will work on that. Once again testament to judging in general our 2 golds are the two best beers we entered and james & co, the weiss is de special recipe and process i freely shared since our weihenstephan trip where we got married. The weiss is weihenstephan weiss clone with some tlc and a fridge to bring the fermenter to minus 2c. The kolsh..well what can i say..it  is the one on oak cask at our kildare wedding fest. Ye all tried and tested it and drained my cask. It was the same kolsh in ncb comp. Very subtle and tricky beer to brew and got its just reward.  The rest our shilling and english pale scored late 30's 38 & 36 i think, happy with that. Its not easy to bottle package, ship to uk in advance and hope a live beer is perfect on presentation to a judging table as we lose temperature control and so on compared to taking our entries to a comp in our cool box. So overall we are as pleased with this success as our irish nationals success. Once again our brew days are free, open and educational...come along. We start our lager campaign next week, hop picking fest oct 4th with a fresh hop bohemian pilsner on traditional saaz

brenmurph

Quote from: Partridge9 on September 13, 2014, 11:39:07 PM
Simply spectacular !
A great flag to plant for Irish brewing across the water - I'm sure it will raise a few eyebrows!
Oh it did.. We took something like 11.11% of the gold medals on offer

Kellie

Thanks everyone, we had a good day and I even dipped my toe in the judging scene :) very proud of Brendan I so wanted to hang one of those English medals on our wall! (Being English and all!) and he went and got me 2 Gold!! Whoop whoop he is defo in the good books ;)

Quiet_Man