• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 08:48:54 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Brewery Jobs - Non-brewing side

Started by Will, January 04, 2016, 11:30:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will

Hi folks,

As a keen homebrewer I'd love to work in a brewery. My background is economics and  accountancy and I'd be keen to know if opportunities exist in Ireland for back office \ logistics operations function within breweries?

Cheers

irish_goat

Hi Will,

Jobs do pop up from time to time. I'd imagine it would be the larger breweries who would be more likely to be looking for back office and logistics/financial staff. Best thing is to keep and eye on their social media and websites as that's where they'll most likely advertise them. I normally post up any jobs I see advertised on the forum here as well.

DEMPSEY

Do up a C.V. and send them off to all the brewery's,all it will cost you is a few stamps.  :)
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

irishshagua

McGargles are meant to be moving into a new place in Celbridge. They might be hiring (pretty sure i saw something from them before saying they would be taking in extra staff as part of their expansion but can't find it now) and could be worth contacting.

Will_D

Another option is to try to work for more than one brewery!

Its unlikely that a small micro could afford/or even need a full time accountant/offfice person.

If they are agreeable and with suitable non-disclosure agrrements then it could work out.

After all its what the professional accountancy firms do all the time
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Will

Thanks folks.

I'm always on the lookout for further courses and whatnot - how useful would the General Certificate in Brewing be as a foot in the door?

What sort of support / materials are provided in the £245 exam fee and would a examination at the start of May be achievable?

LiamTutty

Blast from the past Will...but have a look at this, it may suit.

Another fantastic opportunity in Rye River. We're on the hunt for a Business Analyst and we're accepting applications now. Click here for more: http://www.ryeriverbrewingco.com/jobs/